android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy Player Series

Old 02-01-2012, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1776 View Post
What is more interesting here than the case and the dock is that SAMSUNG is suddenly supporting the SGP 5 with accessories. Until now there has been nothing directly from Samsung (if these really are from Samsung as BH claims - there is nothing in Samsung's website about these and if you search these only BH comes up in the search with them.)
\

I'm inclined to believe that they are made/endorsed by Samsung; I have found them now on other sites also labeled as such.

I have not seen anything really from Samsung pushing the SGP's stateside. These items may have been available in other countries, B&H is an American company, perhaps we didnt see them here because of the lack of marketing. Maybe, hopefully, this is an indication that they intend to do more in the future. <fingers crossed>

Have a Magical Day

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-02-2012, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K O B O View Post
FWIW

I believe I may have previously mentioned that a dock/base made for the Blackberry Playbook works very well for the SGP5, You can see a few pics I have of the device on the dock/base in this set of photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kobolil...7628868140275/

I purchased the dock/base from THIS EBAY VENDOR

Have a Magical Day
Purchased this dock yesterday at ebay as price was reduced again, on your recommendation. Are you using the Samsung charger and cord for it?

Old 02-02-2012, 01:45 PM

Another nifty item some may want when watching video or reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
No, I have a case on it that has a kickstand....so for about 2/3 of the movie I had it next to me on the bed. But it was in my hands for some of the time, and balanced on my chest on the lid of the case part of the time too.
You may want to check into a Coylcushion. the #2 one would probably work with it, I believe she made this size for a gps. I have one for my HP Touchpad, Nook, and Kindle. Love them. She has several sizes. I have the #3 and #4. The #3 would work for the Galaxy, Kindle, Fire, and most items, a bit large for a phone. I prefer the #4 for the HP Tablet. Phone size may be a bit small for the Galaxy. Here's a direct link:

http://coylscustomcreations.com/

Old 02-02-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabatha View Post
Purchased this dock yesterday at ebay as price was reduced again, on your recommendation. Are you using the Samsung charger and cord for it?
Right now I have it hooked up to my computer; using a regular micro USB cable along with a USB extension cord to help it reach. I use the Sammy charger in another room, also with a USB extension cord.

The dock will come with a cord; I belive it is a data cord. There was a sticker on the dock covering the USB port which said something to the effect that it would not work for charging; not sure why though as mine charges fine on the dock.

I hope that answers your question

Have a Magical Day

Old 02-02-2012, 05:39 PM

Default inline controller

http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-Techno...=2QGII2JTUH6HA

anyone know if this will work with the 4.0 or 5.0 players

Old 02-02-2012, 05:43 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kitties View Post
http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-Techno...=2QGII2JTUH6HA

anyone know if this will work with the 4.0 or 5.0 players
What do you think?
Quote:
Auxiliary Audio Cable with Inline Remote Control.

• No more fumbling with your iPod or iPhone; inline remote gives you track control.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:21 PM

well it does have the same jack. i am going to try it. what do other anythingbutpod users think?

Old 02-02-2012, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kitties View Post
well it does have the same jack. i am going to try it. what do other anythingbutpod users think?
If you look at the last review on the link, someone tried to use it with a non-ipod/iphone and it did not work. Some report that it does not work with all Ipods. Someone there found it at Walmart - if you plan to try this, buy it there as you can return it easily, as most likely it will not work with the SGP.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:42 AM

Bought a SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE NEOPRENE POUCH for a Galaxy Player 5.0.
It fits good as the Note is a bit bigger thant the 5.0.
It's a soft case and the lining seems to clean the screen when you remove from the pouch and at 7.99 it good value.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005PWO4P0

Old 02-03-2012, 08:42 AM

anyone knows or has bought a case which has a stand as well? i would like it to stand on its own (:P) while watching a movie or something instead of holding it in my hands..

Old 02-03-2012, 09:17 AM

The one mentioned earlier in this thread that B&H is taking preorders for. If it is the Samsung case as others have said, it has a stand. I have it in white, Zenus Brand, and it has the stand, but price was $42 shipped.

http://www.exportprive.com/en/samsun...50-blanc-.html

Guess it's sold out now, Black and White both have "Contact us". I love my white one, but most would prefer the Black that B&H is selling, and price is cheaper than what I paid. Real leather, thin case, folds back nicely.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:59 AM

Quote:
The one mentioned earlier in this thread that B&H is taking preorders for. If it is the Samsung case as others have said, it has a stand. I have it in white, Zenus Brand, and it has the stand, but price was $42 shipped.

http://www.exportprive.com/en/samsun...50-blanc-.html

Guess it's sold out now, Black and White both have "Contact us". I love my white one, but most would prefer the Black that B&H is selling, and price is cheaper than what I paid. Real leather, thin case, folds back nicely.
The Zenus looks really good. I would get one when they're in stock but my Riot Outfitters folio is holding up well. Does the white leather show dirt and greasy fingerprints? I'm really bad about that. lol I have to constantly clean my screen.

Old 02-03-2012, 10:32 AM

is this case any good http://www.exportprive.com/en/samsun...lue-white.html ???

Old 02-03-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaljan View Post
Wow - that is a "FAB" case with a "duel use" (styles, kick stand) stick thingy

Old 02-03-2012, 02:01 PM

To Ceramic:
I haven't noticed any fingerprints on case, but I use applecare leather lotion on my leather products anyway. It does have a Shiny/Matt diagonal texture to it, so it isn't a smooth leather. I do keep a microfiber cloth handy for the screen as I also use them for my glasses. Love the White when I go out and am showing off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaljan View Post
That appears to be only a back case with a stick/stand. The price is the same as I paid for the Zenus White Leather one last month, $37.45 + S/H = $43.

For everyday at home use, I use the gel back, and the Amazon basic slipcase which does fit perfect. When going out I use the Zenus white leather to impress others.

Old 02-03-2012, 02:24 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
To Ceramic:
I haven't noticed any fingerprints on case, but I use applecare leather lotion on my leather products anyway. It does have a Shiny/Matt diagonal texture to it, so it isn't a smooth leather. I do keep a microfiber cloth handy for the screen as I also use them for my glasses. Love the White when I go out and am showing off!

That appears to be only a back case with a stick/stand. The price is the same as I paid for the Zenus White Leather one last month, $37.45 + S/H = $43.

For everyday at home use, I use the gel back, and the Amazon basic slipcase which does fit perfect. When going out I use the Zenus white leather to impress others.
I haven't dared take mine out of the house yet...lol.

Old 02-03-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
I haven't dared take mine out of the house yet...lol.
Actually, the size is so great for a tablet that it is totally conducive to take out of the house. I used it on 2 long bus trips already. Have both Kindle and Nook apps on it, with a few books for each. Perfect size, and great for reading. And then, there's always the Games!

Old 02-04-2012, 06:12 AM

Quote:
To Ceramic:

The white one does have a wow factor to it. It's good to see that there are more accessories coming out for the SGP. There were so few choices a couple of months ago.

Old 02-05-2012, 01:43 AM

found another case on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Folio-Leathe...item2eb6f07fde

confused, which case (with stand) to buy

Old 02-05-2012, 08:29 AM

About the same price as the Zenus. Looks like lots have purchased it, but only generic comments about vendor in feedback.

Appears the SGP5 is held in case with sticky tabs? Hence, I prefer the Zenus as I can use outside case with a silicone back at home. Also, Zenus has a small tab for a stand, where these are made like the ones for larger tablets using a folding case.

Depends what you think you would prefer. It's your hard earned money so you would want to be happy with it.

I won't purchase anymore until I'm sure it is what I want, as I've learn't my lesson with the Kindle and Nook. I have several covers for sale as I got them and didn't like them once they arrived.

Last edited by Tabatha; 02-05-2012 at 08:37 AM.