android
Old 10-17-2011, 02:27 AM

Default Does Anyone Know How To Access The NWZ-S765 Test Menu?

Hi guys'n girls:

last year i bought a Sony S-series walkman (euro model) & accessed the test menu to remove the limit. Unfortunately i lost the walkman last weekend & I bought a new NWZ-S765 16gb (euro model again).

I can't find any solutions to access the menu & to remove the limiter.

Any possible tips n tricks for this one?

Thanks in advance

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-17-2011, 05:24 AM

I think Sony started locking down the volume limit in newer models. It may not be possible to turn it off now.

If that's so, then sorry, you're out of luck.

Old 01-23-2012, 03:30 PM

(I realise this is an old thread but...)

Just bought one of these myself, and if you're talking about the AVLS limiter, you can turn it on/off in the normal menu.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:38 PM
Administrator

This isn't about the AVLS limiter. That's a menu setting you can turn on or off. There's a volume cap on players sold in the EU some find objectionable. That's why Forze mentioned twice it was a euro model.

On most players from other manufacturers the volume cap can be removed during a firmware update by choosing a region other than Europe during the setup. There's no setting for that during a Sony firmware update. Their firmware updates are hardware and region specific. Trying to use a firmware from a different region doesn't work. The firmware from a region with no volume cap just doesn't work on a player intended for a volume capped region.

In the past it was sometimes possible to remove the volume cap in the service menu. If that's been changed there isn't a setting in the player's menu that would allow removing the volume cap.

Old 02-04-2012, 01:13 PM

I wonder in the test menu, if there are options to tell the player to go into full power-off mode immediately on shutdown. Would rather it do this than into standby. Would also like the option to reduce the display off time from the current min 15secs (not counting the zero time option), to 5secs.

I guess without test menu access, its all academic anyway.

Old 02-04-2012, 01:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Even with test menu access Sony has removed the ability to change settings in their newer players. Sony is a real PITA!!!