android
Old 10-17-2011, 07:45 AM

Default Any alternatives to LDB Manager or Lyrics Station?

Quote:
IMHO, LDB Manager is good only for Cowon players. Lyrics marked by it do not show up, in, say, Samsung P3. For a person having DAPs/PMPs from 2 or more vendors, this is useless and frustrating.

However, I've seen some .mp3 files with lyrics already embedded into them, karaoke style and they show up in my 2 PMPs-Cowon D2, Samsung P3 !

I wonder what tool was used to embed those lyrics into them. Is there a better tool than LDB Manager?

Is there any tool that can analyse such files with "universally playable" lyrics to find out what software was used to create them?

One thing I noticed that these files show up as type XLDB, (but are not editable) in LDB manager. What is XLDB and what tools are used to make them?
OK OK, so no takers yet, eh? OK, I understand that LDB Manager produces lyrics which are in a proprietary format. Same goes with Lyrics Station (BTW, these 2 tools look very similar, I wonder who copied from whom ).

Coming back to the issue, I suppose there must be some standard for lyrics ( just as there are for tags etc.). Question is what are those standards and whether these 2 tools I mentioned (LDB Mgr & LS) adhere to them? I guess not, so what is the standards-compliant tool (for lyrics display) then?

Last edited by eggyhed; 10-24-2011 at 06:15 AM. Reason: No response from audiophiles, so far!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-28-2011, 12:41 AM

Default Any alternatives to LDB Manager or Lyrics Station?

OK, maybe I posted in the wrong forum, that's why there's no response. So I'm referring to it here :-

Any alternatives to LDB Manager or Lyrics Station?

Ref. http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=66065

Last edited by skip252; 10-28-2011 at 03:46 AM. Reason: Please don't multi- post the same question. If no one knows of an alternative posting it in more place won't help.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:34 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I too am pondering this question.

Old 07-17-2012, 01:59 AM

I think this is related. Sony Walkman DAPs use a plain text format for the lyrics files and you can create them using a text editor. The lyrics are marked up with time codes and the file is saved with a .lrc extension.
MediaMonkey 4
Headphones: Koss PortaPro