android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy Player Series

Old 10-17-2011, 12:49 PM

Default [Request][Potential Mod] Galaxy with root access and an owner willing to take a risk.

Hey all!
I might not have a galaxy player (and probably never will ), I'm still hoping I can help you all out.

The galaxy player comes with very little RAM, which can cause the homescreens to "redraw" (or reload) after the user has been running an intensive application such as a game or playing an HD movie. There is a way to solve this problem, but I need a risk-taking individual with a rooted galaxy player to help me out here.

It doesn't matter if its running android 2.2 or 2.3, and it can be a 3.6", 4", or 5" model from any country.

I simply want to guide the individual through running the V6 SuperCharger script, and see how well it works on the galaxy player. I have used it on my galaxy s based phone, and it works quite well. If the test goes well, I will create a guide for others to follow.

If you meet the criteria, and are interesting in helping me out, please send me a PM stating you are interested. But remember,

I am not responsible for what happens to your galaxy player.

That said, I've run this script numerous times with absolutely no problems.

Please let me know if you are interested, as I would love to help you guys get this working.
Thanks,
electron

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-17-2011, 03:24 PM

Just a question, if something happens wouldn't Kies always be able to restore everything? I mean how can wrong mods/roms brick the phone FOR GOOD? Isn't just a matter of restoring the boot partition ?

Old 10-17-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandro87 View Post
Just a question, if something happens wouldn't Kies always be able to restore everything? I mean how can wrong mods/roms brick the phone FOR GOOD? Isn't just a matter of restoring the boot partition ?
I must say that I haven't used Kies before (never saw the need for it for my phone, TBH), but if Kies can restore the boot partition, then yes.
Besides, within the supercharge script there is an undo option, as all the script changes is the minfree values for the RAM groups. (basically, it changes what android considers to be an acceptable amount of free RAM).

Old 10-17-2011, 06:20 PM

I never used it either (never owned a Samsung product) but it seems like a software that handles updates so I suppose can handle factory resets too.