android
Go Back   abi>>forums > Miscellaneous Tech > Anythingbutiphone > Android

Old 10-17-2011, 01:09 PM

Default ZTE X500 Score - how do I transfer apps or get the usb cable?

I bought the ZTE X500 Score for Cricket on sale at Best Buy. It doesn't come with a usb cable. I downloaded 12 apps and now the main memory is full already. How do I transfer apps to the micro sd card, or get the usb cable? I haven't found the cable for sale anywhere.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Cricket+...&skuId=3455798

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-17-2011, 03:21 PM

It says the charger is supposed to come with it. Did you just buy it recently? I would go to Best Buy and let them know the charger was missing, they should be able to give you one.

Old 10-17-2011, 04:35 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bascom View Post
I bought the ZTE X500 Score for Cricket on sale at Best Buy. It doesn't come with a usb cable. I downloaded 12 apps and now the main memory is full already. How do I transfer apps to the micro sd card, or get the usb cable? I haven't found the cable for sale anywhere.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Cricket+...&skuId=3455798
The picture shows an ordinary micro usb plug. Since basically everything uses them, you probably have one lying around somewhere. Try and see if it fits.

Old 10-17-2011, 05:39 PM
Anythingbutiphone Moderator

Because it comes with Android 2.3, here's the easiest way to move apps to the SD card.

-From the home screen, hit the menu button (second capacitive button from the left, under the screen). Select Settings.
-Find Applications, select that, then Manage Applications.
-Select the "SD" tab. From there, you will see a list of applications with check boxes.
-Any app on this list CAN be moved to the SD card (if an app isn't on this list, it cannot be moved to SD). If the app is checked, that means that it is already on the SD card (some install there by default).
-If an app is unchecked, and you want to move it to the SD card, simply select it, then hit the "move to SD" option that comes up.

Old 10-17-2011, 08:06 PM

Thanks for the tips. I have the adapter, it's the usb cable that wasn't included. None of the usb cables I have laying around will fit the ZTE. I suppose I could buy one in a store if it's an ordinary micro usb plug.

I followed medion step's to transfer apps to the sd card and that worked. But only 4 of the 12 apps were listed under the SD menu so I can't move the others.

Old 09-07-2014, 07:53 PM

Default ZTE X500 Score is a proprietary piece-o-junk

I appreciate this thread, came across it while googling to get info to assess the usefulness of one of these for a family member and her son. I see the things are still available (unbelievably) at Amazon for $25. Also looking at the age of this thread--nearly three years old. Gives me an idea of the age of the phone.

I appreciate Medion's step-by-step remedy (above). And I found bascom's reply helpful, although as we attempted it ourselves, had WORST results than bascom did!

Unfortunately, the x500 in my hand has many pre-installed apps that can not be removed, and only like 18Mb free space where another app could be installed. Yes, we went over every app to see if they could be removed or moved, nor could find anything in the settings allowing loading downloaded apps to the card. Only one out of all the apps could be loaded to the SD Micro Card, an app dealing with its "Muve Music", which is a shame when the thing boasts a slot capable of holding 32Gb. Evidently, this slot is only for storing content like music and photos (see below). On top of that, the one or two games it came with are only demos, cannot be played, but hold the space until a user would be forced to pay a fee just to make use of the memory it ties up--or not.

With the 100 or so pics on their card, the MicroSD had about 500Mb open on the 4 Gb MicroSD card--the one emblazoned with a proprietary "Muve Music" logo, that says 1Gb is available to the user, 3Gb for the Muve. This should be more than enough space for a game like Angry Birds (47 Mb), or an app like YouVersion (42 Gb), but it refused to download them from Google Play, due to a "lack of storage." I even tried another MicroSD card with as much space (one not locked), and got the same results.

In the end, I had to agree with the teenager and tell his mother the sad news, that the phone, charger, and shock-proof case are perhaps worth $20 she paid, but it is too locked down to qualify as an Android product, it is not upgradeable, and a suitable replacement is probably $100 - $150 (for something like a Galaxy Centra or a Moto-G).

Thus, if they pay Cricket for service, it can be used as a cellphone. Otherwise, it is a $20 web browser/camera and 911-emergency telephone that can be used with WIFI at home or elsewhere. Since her son already has a notebook computer for WIFI, this pretty much means it's worthless to him, sad but true.

I share this that other users may know, before they buy, what they are and are not getting with this device. Blessings to all!