android
Old 10-22-2011, 07:52 AM

Help Galaxy Player 64GB?

I was reading about 64gb SD cards on http://androidcommunity.com/sandisk-...ices-20110927/ and was wondering do you guys think it'll work on the galaxy player?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-22-2011, 09:38 AM

If it supports SDXC cards yes

Old 10-23-2011, 03:09 AM

I hope it works because I don't want to carry my videos and music on two cards. I already had to clear 5 gbs of music and it's hard when most of my albums are rare.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khassan View Post
I hope it works because I don't want to carry my videos and music on two cards. I already had to clear 5 gbs of music and it's hard when most of my albums are rare.
Try Google Music and push your tunes to the cloud. Then you can free up space on your SD card. It works nicely on my OG Droid.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:27 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Too bad Google Music is useless without either a constant data connection (3G, 4G, HSPA+, etc) or wifi.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:17 AM

Hopefully it does.

It would be nice if someone was brave enough to buy one of the cheap 64GB MicroSDXC cards and test it to see if it would work,then return it lol

The cheapest one right now is $169 and made by Kingmax on Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/Kingmax-MicroS...9602325&sr=1-1

I've read a bunch of stuff on the Android phones that these work with,there is a possibility that it could work in the SGP.

Last edited by Lagoo56; 10-26-2011 at 12:37 AM.

Old 10-27-2011, 04:55 AM

Hopefully the price of the SD cards will drop soon. I really want to try this out.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagoo56 View Post
Hopefully it does.

It would be nice if someone was brave enough to buy one of the cheap 64GB MicroSDXC cards and test it to see if it would work,then return it lol

The cheapest one right now is $169 and made by Kingmax on Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/Kingmax-MicroS...9602325&sr=1-1

I've read a bunch of stuff on the Android phones that these work with,there is a possibility that it could work in the SGP.
I'll be going to the yongsan electronics market the weekend after this one (have tests next week, otherwise I would go this weekend). If I can find a 64GB MicroSD, I'll buy it and give it a shot, and post the results here. Can't guarantee they will have one though.

Sadly, electronics are usually about 30% more expensive here in Korea, but it's still cheap enough that it warrants a trial >:]

Edit: Just read up on this, and apparently the hardware between the two chips is exactly the same, the only difference is the software and coding files used, or something. So even if the Galaxy player doesn't Natively support it, XDA should eventually come up with a fix through rooting. Good enough for me.

Last edited by Sarracen; 10-27-2011 at 09:58 AM.

Old 10-28-2011, 05:26 AM

I wish I knew how to root. I'm really afraid to break my 4.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:56 AM

Quote:
I can't speak for other models, but if you have the Korean 4.0 running Froyo, it's as simple as downloading the latest version of superoneclick, plugging your device in in USB debugging mode, and then opening superoneclick and clicking "root".

Old 10-28-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
if you have an internationnal version with froyo (android 2.2) you can use superoneclick to root it

Old 10-29-2011, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarracen View Post
I'll be going to the yongsan electronics market the weekend after this one (have tests next week, otherwise I would go this weekend). If I can find a 64GB MicroSD, I'll buy it and give it a shot, and post the results here. Can't guarantee they will have one though.

Sadly, electronics are usually about 30% more expensive here in Korea, but it's still cheap enough that it warrants a trial >:]
waiting for your good news!

Old 10-30-2011, 01:19 AM

Same here because i wanna get one but that 8GB is what keeping me from getting it and samsung says that it will only support a max of 32GB on the micro SD slot. I hate that for phones and tablet most manufacturers are purposely limiting the micro sd slot to 32 gigs. So i'll be watching this thread closely to see if someone figures out how to do it on the US Version. If i can use a 64GB Micro SD card on this then i will get the GS player with a 32GB Micro Sd card and then in the future when prices for the 64GB micro SD card goes down then i'll get it.

Also has anyone successfully rooted there US version. I've been looking to see if Cyanogen supports this but unfortunately it doesn't, Guess because it is new here in the US.

Old 10-30-2011, 05:31 AM

I too have the American version and it sucks to have 5 something gigs to use, 1 something of useless app storage. Oh yeah my music app which has the soundalive won't open because I have used all 5 gigs so I'm using the google music and at times doubletwist. I hope to get rooted soon.

Old 10-30-2011, 07:22 PM

Quote:
I too have the American version and it sucks to have 5 something gigs to use, 1 something of useless app storage. Oh yeah my music app which has the soundalive won't open because I have used all 5 gigs so I'm using the google music and at times doubletwist. I hope to get rooted soon.
Cant you just invest in a 16 or 32 GB micro SD? It should at least add enough storage that you don't have to worry about 1 gig of app storage anymore...

Edit: Also it shouldn't matter if you have used all 5 gigs or not, you should still be able to open the music app and activate soundalive, as it's part of what's filling up that 5 gig of storage. If your RAM was all being used it might make sense, but that's a different beast entirely.

Old 10-30-2011, 07:31 PM

How easy is it to use up the ram oon the Samsung Galaxy player since it only has 384mb of ram?

Old 10-30-2011, 07:51 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBlackChaosX View Post
How easy is it to use up the ram oon the Samsung Galaxy player since it only has 384mb of ram?
Apparently not very easy. I haven't bumped into "low memory" warnings yet.

Old 10-30-2011, 08:11 PM

Have you tried doing some extensive multitasking?

Old 10-30-2011, 09:00 PM
Ultra Senior Member

^ I did haven't got any warnings eithier.

Old 10-30-2011, 09:14 PM

Ok, Great to know, i thought that 384 was a little bit of ram. I still don't get why Samsung did not put 512MB of ram in there, i couldn't have cost alot from there side to do it. They should've gave the 5 a 512mb ram atleast.

Tags
64 gb sdxc