android
Old 10-23-2011, 04:32 PM
Anythingbutiphone Moderator

Default Windows Phone users - speak up

I'll be putting together a sticky that is nothing more than a basic guide on choosing between various smartphone platforms. What I'd like is for Windows Phone owners to chime in on what they feel are the reasons to get WP7 over the other platforms. Also, post why you wouldn't recommend your own platform.

This isn't meant to be a thread for flame wars and fanboys. If you have never owned a WP7-based device, please stay out.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-27-2011, 12:40 PM

I was already a Zune Pass user, so the prospect of Zune on a phone is actually the only thing that got me to upgrade to a smartphone at all. I played with several of the different models in the store just after the launch, and I just instantly loved the interface, much more so than I had in my exposure to iOS and Android devices. I've had the HTC Trophy for 5 months or so now, and I'm very happy with it. I still use it for music more than anything else, but I really like the People hub (especially now as it also includes Twitter), and I do some occasional browsing and gaming on it, too.

Old 10-27-2011, 10:12 PM

It's simple, powerful, yet elegant at the same time.