android
Old 10-25-2011, 08:46 AM

Default should i buy galaxy 4?

is it good player for buying ?

all i want know if this player provide good soundquality and high max volume?

tell me about ur usage please

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-25-2011, 06:19 PM

I don't know about the 4.0 because I have the 5.0. It's a great entertainment center. Volume is modest, but good enough.

Old 10-25-2011, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medodedo View Post
is it good player for buying ?

all i want know if this player provide good soundquality and high max volume?

tell me about ur usage please
I have the 4.0. The sound quality is very good better than the Ipod touch. The speakers sound great. The maximum volume of these is very suprising (they sound a lot)

Old 10-25-2011, 07:19 PM

How is the sound quality when using the FM tuner? I'd use it mostly for sound files,but I occasionally use the FM tuner on my MP3 player.

Last edited by GTX1; 10-25-2011 at 07:43 PM.

Old 10-26-2011, 05:18 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX1 View Post
How is the sound quality when using the FM tuner? I'd use it mostly for sound files,but I occasionally use the FM tuner on my MP3 player.
The Radio app is great. Quality depends on the headphones you have plugged in as they are used for antenna. No RDS, and no FM recording though. No HD radio either.

Old 10-26-2011, 05:29 AM
Samsung Moderator

RDS is implemented in hardware but not in software (default Samsung app)
You just have to download another FM app from the market place

Old 10-26-2011, 09:10 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
RDS is implemented in hardware but not in software (default Samsung app)
You just have to download another FM app from the market place
Great. Can you suggest a FM radio app that will work? So far I'm 0 for 4 testing.

Olley

Old 10-26-2011, 09:34 AM
Samsung Moderator

I don't have a Galaxy Player anymore to check myself but some French users said the FM station name display with this app: FM TwoO

Maybe with this one too but I'm not sure:
TuneIn Radio https://market.android.com/details?i...e=related_apps

Old 10-27-2011, 05:40 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
I don't have a Galaxy Player anymore to check myself but some French users said the FM station name display with this app: FM TwoO

Maybe with this one too but I'm not sure:
TuneIn Radio https://market.android.com/details?i...e=related_apps
Thanks! I did find one that works. Searching for "FM radio" is tricky, as many apps are only for internet radio stations. Also, the FM radio chip is apparently disabled when in Airplane mode, despite it being only a receiver.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:20 AM

The FM Tuner in the 5.0 is not nearly as good as the tuner in the Cowen S9.

Old 10-27-2011, 01:48 PM

The Radio Two0 layout is a bit crude but it seems to work OK and RDS does function. It's also configurable for worldwide use: can change frequency range, de-emphasis, and tuning step.

Thank you Canada!

Old 10-28-2011, 05:37 AM

oh thats great im buying one soon when i get refund from my zenxfi2 in 2 dayz i order also what kind of inearheadphones would u recommend for me like 50$to80$ i have the creative 630 so would i need better?

Old 10-28-2011, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medodedo View Post
oh thats great im buying one soon when i get refund from my zenxfi2 in 2 dayz i order also what kind of inearheadphones would u recommend for me like 50$to80$ i have the creative 630 so would i need better?
I think the EP-630 is one of the best model in the price range you're looking for.

Old 10-29-2011, 09:27 PM

This is my initial post. I've been a lurker here for a while. Tonight, I just purchased the Galaxy 4. My wife encouraged me to go with the "5" as it was just a small amount more. However, the more I read about the "4" had me liking things a bit better - based on the paper specs and some user comments both here and on Amazon.

I'm currently retrieving the Kies software and charging the player. I'll be back at some future point to add my observations regarding this device into the thread here. I do use an external amp - a FiiO E11 for my PmP devices. However, it appears there is not a LOD cable out yet from FiiO for bypassing the internal amp. I'll have to use my mini 3.5mm to 3.5mm to use my amp - for now. However, my focus will be on getting an appropriate LOD cable (with a mini USB connector on one end and a 3.5mm jack on the other) so I can use my amp.

My main focus will be music - especially the quality. I have Grado headphones that have been modified with wooden cups. I won't use the player for commuting on public transportation, etc. - so, ear buds are not a priority at this point.

My daughter does have the Apple iPod Touch 4g 64gb model, which I've used briefly with my amp and Grados in the past. Listening to her songs (Black Eyed Peas, etc.) really pumped my Grados to the point as if I though I was wearing subwoofers. But, reading that some people have thought the sound of the Galaxy to be better than the Touch is encouraging. I'll be sure to A / B test the devices and see if I can discern large differences.

More to follow as the journey begins ...

Old 10-30-2011, 05:08 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2t View Post
This is my initial post. I've been a lurker here for a while. Tonight, I just purchased the Galaxy 4. My wife encouraged me to go with the "5" as it was just a small amount more...
Hello, and welcome! You'll enjoy the 4.0, but next time listen to your wife. The larger screen of the 5.0 and larger battery, and LED flash you get is easily worth more than the price difference. Any screen quality differences are only noticable if you have both of them side-by-side. You'll love the one you have, but the grass is always greener on the other screen...

Old 10-30-2011, 11:23 AM

This is what I want to know too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Linux View Post
I don't know about the 4.0 because I have the 5.0. It's a great entertainment center. Volume is modest, but good enough.
Define modest
Reckon I should get the 5 instead of the iTouch

Old 10-30-2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacp2 View Post
I have the 4.0. The sound quality is very good better than the Ipod touch. The speakers sound great. The maximum volume of these is very suprising (they sound a lot)
This goes a good way to confirming to me that I should be looking for the Galaxy 4

Old 10-30-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
Hello, and welcome! You'll enjoy the 4.0, but next time listen to your wife. The larger screen of the 5.0 and larger battery, and LED flash you get is easily worth more than the price difference. Any screen quality differences are only noticable if you have both of them side-by-side. You'll love the one you have, but the grass is always greener on the other screen...
So are you saying it wouldn't be a good idea to get the 4 even though it's got AMOLED screen?

Old 10-30-2011, 11:37 AM

It's not an amoled screen. You are mixing the Samsung Galaxy S wifi 4.0 (media player with no calling capabilities) with the Galaxy S (smartphone). I do not believe there is a difference in sound quality between the Ipod touch and Galaxy wifi.

Old 10-30-2011, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideways View Post
It's not an amoled screen. You are mixing the Samsung Galaxy S wifi 4.0 (media player with no calling capabilities) with the Galaxy S (smartphone). I do not believe there is a difference in sound quality between the Ipod touch and Galaxy wifi.
Oh, ok. Just checked, it's Super Clear LCD. Question still stands