android
Old 12-13-2014, 08:22 AM

Default Missing menu option

Hello recently I installed rockbox 3.13 stable on my clip zip with rockbox utility.
Installation was done without errors and all working fine but I have noticed that I don't have one specific menu option which presented on PC rockbox emulator and in rockbox guide.
This option is Frequency, last option in Settings>Playback Settings, right after Rewind on Pause. In my case there is no Frequency option and Rewind on Pause is the last one.
I wonder, is this is normal or something went wrong and my rockbox is running in some kind of safe mode or whatever.
Can anyone check this option on their rockboxed clip zip (preferably with 3.13 stable release)?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-13-2014, 11:53 AM
Administrator

Welcome to ABi

It's not missing, it didn't exist at the time the Release was made. You'll need to update to the current dev build to get that option. You'll also get all the other improvements like better battery life and a decent resampler that have been added since 3.13 was released in March 2013.

It may seem that using a build marked Stable is the better choice. With Rockbox Stable just means everything was working as well as could be expected at the time of release, not that performance was more reliable. The current dev builds are contain all the bug fixes and improvements that have occurred since then.

Old 12-13-2014, 12:53 PM

Thank you, I will update to the lastest version then.
Update must be done the same way as installation but I only need to select "Rockbox" part and dev build, right? Will my settings, fonts & themes be lost?
Additionally, is installing of lastest dev build requires lastest version of official firmware? Because I only have 01.01.20 version installed, while lastest is 01.01.21.

Old 12-13-2014, 01:18 PM
Administrator

You've got it. Just select the current build and the installer takes care of the rest. None of your settings will be changed. There may be options in the context menu that have been added or removed due to changes in Rockbox but none of your stuff should be touched.

If that's a concern just make a copy of your current .rockbox folder before you update. I just create a folder RELEASE on the main memory and copy the .rockbox folder there. I haven't needed to use it in a long time but it was helpful once when a dev build was buggy.

I just deleted the buggy .rockbox folder and copied the contents of the Release folder back to the main memory. That set me back to exactly where I was the day I made the copy.

There's no need to update the sandisk firmware. The version of the sandisk firmware doesn't make a difference in any way in Rockbox. Rock uses the sandisk firmware to boot and after that it's whatever features are in Rockbox. There have been times when the sandisk firmware had some pretty bad problems and Rockbox ran just fine using that same firmware to boot.