android
Old 12-22-2011, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLipster View Post
Is that all we should see?

I can delete all the other stuff?
If all you carry is music, then you can delete the rest but if you have podcasts, audiobooks, etc… it’s nice to have other folders.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-22-2011, 05:46 AM

You can delete all the Sandisk remnants in one go, directly from Rockbox: plugins > applications > disktidy.

Old 12-22-2011, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
You can delete all the Sandisk remnants in one go, directly from Rockbox: plugins > applications > disktidy.

niice.
btw that wiped out the sample music too, some of which was decent weirdly! doesn't matter, nice feature. noticed it doesn't kill old rockbox builds named .rockboxABC either. or the file DID.bin

this is very cool because now one has a blank looking (Nautilus hides .folders by default) drive where one can put one's music anywhere, and not be greeted with a ton of folders into which one feels one must carefully place music.

got a bit carried away with the ones sorry.

think i lost my drive label as well, can't remember how that's set!

Last edited by Smiff; 12-22-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Old 12-25-2011, 11:57 AM

can't find a link to download bootloader

well got it working using prebuilt bootloader but have no idea why i couldn't get mkamsboot working it would say are you sure it's a real sansa bootloader

Old 12-25-2011, 01:27 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamia88 View Post
can't find a link to download bootloader

well got it working using prebuilt bootloader but have no idea why i couldn't get mkamsboot working it would say are you sure it's a real sansa bootloader
We never released a mkamsboot for the Clip Zip. Did you compile one from scratch?

Old 12-25-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
We never released a mkamsboot for the Clip Zip. Did you compile one from scratch?
nah i just downloaded the one from the install directions page http://download.rockbox.org/daily/ma...#x4-110002.2.2

Old 12-25-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
nah i just downloaded the one from the install directions page http://download.rockbox.org/daily/ma...#x4-110002.2.2
That just links a binary from 2010, which won't work since the Zip didn't exist back in those days. You need to compile one from scratch if you want to use it.

Old 12-25-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
That just links a binary from 2010, which won't work since the Zip didn't exist back in those days. You need to compile one from scratch if you want to use it.
fair enough but, while i love your firmware your site needs some improvement. you shouldn't have a user manual link to files that won't work for the specific player that the manual is for. I understand that you probably just create a single manual for all 3 clips but, if there are specific instructions for a certain player then it needs to be big and bold like DOES NOT WORK WITH CLIP ZIP YET IF YOU WISH TO INSTALL ON CLIP ZIP USE THIS FILE
Then provide a link to the abi forum thread where you can download it or host it on your own site. Keep up the good work

Last edited by mamamia88; 12-25-2011 at 02:57 PM.

Old 12-25-2011, 02:51 PM

No need for all caps, large font and bold lettering ...

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 12-25-2011, 04:21 PM

Quote:
fair enough but, while i love your firmware your site needs some improvement. you shouldn't have a user manual link to files that won't work for the specific player that the manual is for.
We don't even have a complete manual yet for that player. Its just two chapters directly copied from the Clip+. If you need documentation, wait for an actual release with a manual, installer, etc. If you decide to use an unstable target before the documentation is written, then you'll need to find the information yourself.

Quote:
I understand that you probably just create a single manual for all 3 clips but, if there are specific instructions for a certain player then it needs to be big and bold like[B] DOES NOT WORK WITH CLIP ZIP YET IF YOU WISH TO INSTALL ON CLIP ZIP USE THIS FILE
If the lack of a manual bothers you, feel free to submit the missing sections.

Old 12-25-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
We don't even have a complete manual yet for that player. Its just two chapters directly copied from the Clip+. If you need documentation, wait for an actual release with a manual, installer, etc. If you decide to use an unstable target before the documentation is written, then you'll need to find the information yourself.

If the lack of a manual bothers you, feel free to submit the missing sections.
nah i'll leave it to you guys. i understand why you do it but wouldn't it be better to not have any manual whatsoever? at least that way people don't try and to follow directions that won't work

Old 12-25-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
nah i'll leave it to you guys. i understand why you do it but wouldn't it be better to not have any manual whatsoever? at least that way people don't try and to follow directions that won't work
No I don't think so. Its mostly correct (e.g. the automatic instructions work which is all anyone should be using anyway), and the manual instructions are pretty clearly not going to work (theres not even an entry for the Zip). Plus having it there will hopefully motivate someone to fix it.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
No I don't think so. Its mostly correct (e.g. the automatic instructions work which is all anyone should be using anyway), and the manual instructions are pretty clearly not going to work (theres not even an entry for the Zip). Plus having it there will hopefully motivate someone to fix it.
I tried the automatic instructions first but the option to install the bootloader was grayed out. So I had my .rockbox folder without the bootloader. So I assumed I had to install bootloader manually on the zip. Did I miss something?

Old 12-26-2011, 01:56 PM

Quote:
I tried the automatic instructions first but the option to install the bootloader was grayed out. So I had my .rockbox folder without the bootloader. So I assumed I had to install bootloader manually on the zip. Did I miss something?
You're right, I just noticed the rockbox utility build is too old to install the bootloader. That'll be fixed whenever the next build of the utility is released.

Old 12-26-2011, 08:51 PM
Rockbox Developer

mkamsboot 1.5 with Zip support has been released.

The binaries are not yet on rockbox server but you can find them here.

Old 12-27-2011, 08:52 AM

Don't forget that DFKT's bootloader works perfect and is downloadable on the 1st page of this thread , as easy as that is...
: fuze v2, clip+, clipzip,LG: mffm15, mffm33, Treckstor ibeatcenso and my car's one!

Old 12-27-2011, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowoniriver View Post
Don't forget that DFKT's bootloader works perfect and is downloadable on the 1st page of this thread , as easy as that is...
true but some people prefer to use the official version whatever that is. I personally don't feel like reinstalling right now to compile my own but it's nice to know that I could

Old 12-27-2011, 02:12 PM

The one I posted is the official v4.0 one.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
The one I posted is the official v4.0 one.
And you are in the list of RB contributors, as well, IIRC.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:27 PM

Heh, yeah, my chest is mighty swollen ... if you do a CRC/MD5 check on the one I built and on one that was built with RButil, you should get a checksum match (if you use the same x.18 firmware, of course) - ie. they should be exactly the same, bit for bit.