android
Old 03-03-2012, 01:09 AM

So excited to see INV!!
The side bars are too big, single dot lines are enough. And the color of orange is not suitable for the theme style.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-03-2012, 01:57 PM
Administrator

Definite work in progress but this shows some of the potential of the new theme syntax. I can see where being able to layer elements over the backdrop is going to open possibilities that weren't there before.

Being able to have one element overlay another is going to free the theme artists from having to squeeze everything around the album art. This is going to get interesting when some of the artists start seeing the potential in this.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:24 PM

The thing is, it's not really useful for text overlays as of now. Fonts would need to have outlines or shadows to be legible on varying album art color backdrops. So it might still be a while until the Sansa stock UI can be cloned.

What do you mean by "work in progress"? Did you notice any bugs?

Old 03-03-2012, 02:59 PM
Administrator

I could have phrased that better. I meant the changes to the theme engine not your theme. I haven't run into any bugs there recently.

Seems like I lost RDS information for a while but that may have been my settings or location. With the current build and a fresh install of the all three of the DFKT Minimum Zip themes everything is working OK now.

Old 03-03-2012, 04:16 PM

I would love to see the ability to use png files rather than bmp files added to the theme engine - png files allow for varying levels of transparency so you could do some really interesting things with the design then.

Old 03-03-2012, 04:22 PM

You can use the alpha channel in a 32bit BMP - Rockbox supports that. I'm tinkering with it at the moment, seeing if I can sandwich a semi-transparent layer in between the album art at the bottom layer and text at the top layer.

Old 03-03-2012, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
You can use the alpha channel in a 32bit BMP - Rockbox supports that. I'm tinkering with it at the moment, seeing if I can sandwich a semi-transparent layer in between the album art at the bottom layer and text at the top layer.
I've just had a try myself but the portion of my album art that is covered by the 32bit bmp stops showing. If there were a way to get it working it would be amazing.

Old 03-03-2012, 06:53 PM

Having transparency over album art works (it needs the correct %VB and non-%VB viewports) - but one step further, having text over it as well, would need three layers, unfortunately. I managed basically the opposite of what I want - transparent shading over album art, but the text viewport cuts right through it (what I want is shading under the text, the rest fully visible):

Old 03-03-2012, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Having transparency over album art works (it needs the correct %VB and non-%VB viewports) - but one step further, having text over it as well, would need three layers, unfortunately. I managed basically the inverse of what I want - transparent shading over album art, but the text viewport cuts right through it:

You've managed one level further than I did ... I can't even get the transparent image to appear above my album art.

In fact, if I even just add %VB to my album art viewport it turns the album art into a load of static noise a bit like an untuned TV (?!?!?!?) ... not sure what's going on there.

I don't suppose it's possible to have more than one viewport set as a backdrop (%VB) - maybe have the album art as a backdrop, followed by the transparent bmp as another backdrop?

I'm going to have to admit defeat on this one

Last edited by TCD1975; 03-03-2012 at 07:17 PM.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:50 AM

Narrow the side bars plz, or get rid of them. INV is so nice, except the side bars.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:39 PM

2 Questions.

1) What is the flashing red R in the top bar for?

2) How do I turn the time displayed (in the top right corner) into 12h format?

Old 03-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
The "R" icon in the status bar is a Replaygain status indicator.
Learn how to set the time here

http://download.rockbox.org/daily/ma...l#x14-16300011

Lot's more info there besides that. You'll get more out of Rockbox if you read the manual at least through Browsing and Playing.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:40 PM

Thanks.

I have already switched the time in the settings from 24h to 12h but the dfkt status bar still shows the time in 24h mode.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:13 AM

My themes don't support AM/PM, only 24h clocks. I guess I should add a conditional for that sometimes. But for now you can change that easily yourself.

In the SBS, change

Code:
###### Clock
%V(77,0,-,5,2) %Vf(adae99) %Vb(000000)
%ar%cH:%cM
to
Code:
###### Clock
%V(77,0,-,5,2) %Vf(adae99) %Vb(000000)
%ar%cI:%cM

Old 03-27-2012, 07:54 AM

Quote:
###### Peak meter
%Vl(a,0,6,96,90,-) %Vf(adae99)
%pL(0,0,2,90,t,backdrop,u,vertical)
#slider,w

%Vl(a,2,6,90,90,-) %Vf(adae99)
%pR(0,0,2,90,t,backdrop,u,vertical)
#slider,w

###### Progress bar
%Vl(a,86,6,10,90,-) %Vf(adae99)
%pb(6,0,4,90,r,backdrop,s,vertical)
#slider,v
DFKT Minimum Zip INV is the best RB theme I've ever seen. But the peak meter and progress bar is too big for the small screen. So, I figure out the settings to narrow them.
Replace the codes in DFKT_Minimum_Zip_INV.wps, and enjoy!
btw, the default icons are too small to aisian characters. I have to use the icons from the other themes.

Last edited by bhanzc; 03-27-2012 at 08:00 AM.

Old 05-27-2012, 06:25 AM

I just bought a Clip Zip and have been playing around trying to get my themes right. I stumbled across the DFKT Minimum themes on the Rockbox site which are definitely closest to what I was looking for.

My wish is to have a theme like DFKT Minimum Zip INV that shows fullscreen artwork when playing, but that shows smaller art plus other info when paused/changing volume etc. (meaning when paused it would look something like the play mode in this).

However, I haven't yet been able to get my head around the conditional in the DFKT theme sufficiently to be able to do this. I modified the theme to look like this:

Code:
####################
###### Preliminaries
####################

###### Enable statusbar
%we

###### Preload fonts
%Fl(2,07-Fixed.fnt)
%Fl(3,06-Tiny.fnt)

###### Backdrop
%V(0,0,-,-,-) %VB
%x(back,backdrop.bmp,0,0)

###### Conditional: full screen album art while playing - track info while paused/FFWD/REW or volume change
%?C<
    %?or(%if(%mp,=,3), %if(%mp,=,4), %if(%mp,=,5), %mv(3))<
	    %Vd(b)|
		%Vd(a)>|
	%Vd(b)>

############################
###### Full screen album art
############################

%Vl(a,0,6,96,90,-)
%Cl(0,-3,96,96,c)
%Cd

###################
###### Info screen
###################

###### Backdrop matte - so backdrop shows up at startup when first played track doesn't have album art
%Vl(b,0,0,-,-,-)
%x(matte,backdrop.bmp,0,0)

###### Mini artwork
%Vl(b,1,8,55,63,-)
%Cl(0,0,55,55,c)
%Cd

###### Track info
%Vl(b,1,65,94,30,3) %Vf(adae99) %Vb(000000)
%s%al%?it<%it|%fn>
%s%al%?ia<%ia|%d(1)>
%s%al%?id<%id|>

%Vl(b,65,8,30,24,3) %Vf(adae99) %Vb(000000)
%arTRACK %?in<%in|N/A>

###### File data with sample rate check
%Vl(b,57,25,38,34,3) %Vf(adae99) %Vb(000000)
# Don't display bitrate and CBR/VBR for chiptune formats. The codec order is found in /apps/metadata.h
%?or(%if(%fc,=,14), %if(%fc,=,15), %if(%fc,=,16), %if(%fc,=,18), %if(%fc,=,22), %if(%fc,=,23), %if(%fc,=,28), %if(%fc,=,29), %if(%fc,=,30), %if(%fc,=,31), %if(%fc,=,32), %if(%fc,=,33), %if(%fc,=,34), %if(%fc,=,35), %if(%fc,=,36), %if(%fc,=,37), %if(%fc,=,38), %if(%fc,=,39), %if(%fc,=,41), %if(%fc,=,49), %if(%fc,=,50), %if(%fc,=,51), %if(%fc,=,52), %if(%fc,=,53), %if(%fc,=,54))<|
%ar%fbk %?fv<VBR|CBR>>
%ar%?if(%ff,!=,44100)<%t(0.2)%fk kHz;%t(0.2)!!!!!!|%fk kHz>
%ar%fc
%ar%fsKB
This makes the artwork appear roughly how I'd like on the paused screen but it doesn't appear on the playing screen. Clearly I'm making some sort of basic error. Help would be much appreciated. Can someone nudge me in the right direction?

Old 06-21-2012, 11:18 AM

I'm looking to get it to look like this when it's playing:

...and to look like some variation on this when it's paused etc.:

With the script above I can do either one or the other. The image displays in whichever state I specify closest to the end of the script.

Is it possible to make rockbox do this? I haven't seen any themes do something like this (i.e. display differently sized artwork in play and pause modes). Any help would be much appreciated.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:06 PM

No, it's not possible with the current WPS code. Album art can only be loaded once, in one size.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:11 PM

Ah, that's a shame. Oh well, thanks for saving me more hours of mindless trial and error! Great themes by the way dfkt, easily the best ones I've seen for the Clip Zip.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:36 PM

Thank you.