android
Old 11-06-2011, 03:53 PM

Default Size difference between 4.0/5.0

I can't decide which model to buy. Can you guys give some feedback from your use? Thanks for all your help!

Some pros/cons from what I understand:
+has larger battery (but how much longer life?)
+large screen easier to type on and view webpages
-more expensive
-awkwardly large to use as a VoiP phone

+more pocketable, regular smartphone sized ideal for VoiP
+smaller but clearer screen, same amount of pixels as 5.0
+more accessories available
+209.99 at BestBuy
-battery life?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-06-2011, 04:26 PM

Battery life hasn't been an issue for me on the 4.0.

It seems like it goes fast, but it always makes it a whole day. Even if it didn't though, it would be pretty simple to buy a spare battery, and just pop the back off and replace it with a fully charged one when the first runs out.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarracen View Post
Battery life hasn't been an issue for me on the 4.0.

It seems like it goes fast, but it always makes it a whole day. Even if it didn't though, it would be pretty simple to buy a spare battery, and just pop the back off and replace it with a fully charged one when the first runs out.
I want to find a much larger battery but I just did find 1 with 1400 MAh and the standard 1 is 1200 MAh. Do you know a place where I can find 1 please. (online)

Old 11-06-2011, 06:48 PM

You have to decide which is better for you. I like my GP5 because I like the bigger screen.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:46 PM

I have the 5.0 and like it except for the fact that the battery is not easily removable in the field. It takes tools and know how to get the back off the 5.0. Otherwise the screen size is perfect. My feeling is that the 4.0 screen might be a tad small for stuff like a Kindle Book. As far as I can tell the 5.0 is the more popular. The 5.0 is definitely a small tablet. The 4.0 is more phone sized. $209.00 is a great price. I paid about $425 for my Korean 32gig 5.0

Old 11-06-2011, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacp2 View Post
I want to find a much larger battery but I just did find 1 with 1400 MAh and the standard 1 is 1200 MAh. Do you know a place where I can find 1 please. (online)
Unfortunately the numbers are a bit sneaky on that 1400 MAh battery. Someone else on this forum had one, and said that their 1200 MAh stock battery from samsung performed better. All depends on the quality.

Old 11-07-2011, 12:50 PM

If you can try to hold one before you buy it. The 5.0 has a bigger screen but they both have the same resolution. I found the 5.0 to be too big as I wanted something that easily fit in my pocket. And like has been mentioned, the 4.0 will get you thru an entire day unless you are playing games and searching the net the whole time.

Old 11-07-2011, 12:57 PM

The battery on the 5.0 is a lot bigger... 2500 mAh. but yeah best to go try them for yourself in the store or if that is impossible make some cardboard cutouts.