android
Old 09-16-2011, 07:49 PM

Help Problems with bookmarks and album art on E465

I just got an E465 and I'm pretty happy with it, but I've encountered a few issues:

1. The easiest way to create a playlist on the fly seems to be by using the bookmarks function. However, every time I add a song to the bookmark list that I'm currently listening to, the audio playback pauses. Does anyone know how I can tell the player which song I want to listen to next without causing a disruption in the song I'm currently listening to?

2. After downloading all my music onto the player, I realized I could only see the album art for a measly two albums. This is especially annoying since the easiest way to scan through my library is to scroll through the (currently blank) album covers. Did I do something wrong in downloading the music (I just used drag-and-drop), or is it the player's fault? How can I retrieve the lost album art?

3. This one isn't as important, but I've noticed that the sound on the player is quite loud, even at supposedly low volume levels. In a quiet room, I usually listen at level 2, or perhaps 3. I suppose this isn't a major problem, since level 1 isn't too loud for me. But the fact that, at the lower volume levels, the sound increases quite significantly with each notch means I often have to settle for a level that's a little too loud or too quiet for me at a given moment. Does anyone else have an issue with this, or am I the last person alive with decent hearing?

I would appreciate any help you guys can offer to me. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-17-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirdo87 View Post
1. The easiest way to create a playlist on the fly seems to be by using the bookmarks function. However, every time I add a song to the bookmark list that I'm currently listening to, the audio playback pauses. Does anyone know how I can tell the player which song I want to listen to next without causing a disruption in the song I'm currently listening to?
Not that I know of, but I' haven't had any hands-on experience with that exact model.

Quote:
2. After downloading all my music onto the player, I realized I could only see the album art for a measly two albums. This is especially annoying since the easiest way to scan through my library is to scroll through the (currently blank) album covers. Did I do something wrong in downloading the music (I just used drag-and-drop), or is it the player's fault? How can I retrieve the lost album art?
This is a problem with most of the current Walkman players. Both my S545 and my A847 don't like most of the album art either embedded in the filesor included in the folder. It has to be either a file format or size issue. But I haven't found anything in the documentation that clearly defines what album art should be in. Until such info is clarified, it's just one of the known little quirks the Walkman line has.

Quote:
3. This one isn't as important, but I've noticed that the sound on the player is quite loud, even at supposedly low volume levels. In a quiet room, I usually listen at level 2, or perhaps 3. I suppose this isn't a major problem, since level 1 isn't too loud for me. But the fact that, at the lower volume levels, the sound increases quite significantly with each notch means I often have to settle for a level that's a little too loud or too quiet for me at a given moment. Does anyone else have an issue with this, or am I the last person alive with decent hearing?
Most people complain about them being too quiet. Obviously, you are from some sort of bizarro mirror-world where traffic light are green for stop and red for go. Your goatee must be impressive.

It may simply be your EQ settings. If you raise them all up, it's effectively just adding more volume on top of the regular volume. Try putting all the sliders flat at 0 and see if that makes any difference. If that doesn't change anything, then I guess maybe you do have good hearing.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:08 PM
Administrator

My personal guideline is to embed AA. I use .jpg files no larger than 500x500 dpi at 100 kB. I make sure they're baseline not progressive. I've used several programs to embed them. I mostly used Mp3tag until foobar2000 had that feature added.

Following those guidelines all of my files show their AA on my Sonys reliably. Thats on the older NWZ E345 and NWZ S639 but I had a E354 for a while and the same files worked on that.

Old 11-05-2011, 01:32 AM

I just purchased an NWZ-E465 player and I haven't had a problem with album art (AA) on my player. I've been using Media Go to manage the music on my player (along with pictures, podcasts, and videos). Based on my experience with the other Walkman players, I've found that embedding the AA works the best. It seems this is how Media Go handles AA (I checked some files with MP3Tag and the AA was loaded ID3 tag).

As far as loudness goes, I use a set of Sony earclips with my player and I found that a volume setting of around 10 is a comfortable level for listening. One factor could be the kind of headphones you are using with the player.

I hope this helps.
MediaMonkey 4
Headphones: Koss PortaPro