android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Cowon iAudio

Old 11-11-2011, 03:55 PM

Default Got my Cowon J3 stolen. Need advice for a new Cowon

Hey guys,

I recently got my Cowon J3 stolen and want to buy a cheaper Cowon to replace it. What I loved about the J3 was the tacticle buttons and the battery life. Which Cowon should I go for? I was thinking about the C2. What do you think?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-11-2011, 04:03 PM

Dam that sucks, I hate thieves :/ I too like the cowons but if you want cheap, how about a new Clip zip and rockbox ftw.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 11-11-2011, 04:14 PM

I already have the clip+. Does the zip have better sound quality than the clip+? 'Cause I really don't need the album art screen in such a small player. What about the sound quality of Sony Walkman NWZ-S7XX series? That one has tacticle buttons too.

Old 11-11-2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsat View Post
... Does the zip have better sound quality than the clip+? ...
Na, the SQ should be the same between them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsat View Post
... What about the sound quality of Sony Walkman NWZ-S7XX series? ...
Been a while since I tried out the Sony but IIRC they sound nice and volume matched it would be near impossible to tell the difference without any sound enhancements. That said, I still prefer a Cowon over a Sony.

Old 11-11-2011, 04:41 PM

The sound quality of many Sony players depends on the phones you're intending to use with them. Many Sony players have a very high output impedance and can't drive multi-armature IEMs properly. They're fine with dynamic driver ones, however. Cowons and AMS Sansas have no such issues.

Old 11-11-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
The sound quality of many Sony players depends on the phones you're intending to use with them. Many Sony players have a very high output impedance and can't drive multi-armature IEMs properly. They're fine with dynamic driver ones, however. Cowons and AMS Sansas have no such issues.
I hardly use IEM's even though I own a pair of IE8's. My favourite headphone is Audio Technica M50 that I used to use with my J3. I'm also considering Denon D1100 'cause I've read some great reviews about them. Will these phones work with Sony players?

Old 11-11-2011, 08:13 PM

The ATH-M50 impedance is 38 Ohms and the Denon AH-D1100 are 32-ohm impedance so they should work fine, but keep in mind that typically Cowons have stronger driving amps than other players.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:09 PM

I was at a local retail store this weekend nearby where I live and I was testing the S765. Good sound but very low volume even at the highest level. So I ordered a C2 8GB anyway. At least I'm familiar with the sound quality and the amazing BBE+ effects. Plus it has a micro sdhc expansion slot.

I didn't wanna spend to much on headphones this time (big mistake by the way) so I bought myself a set of AKG K 518 DJ to go with my Clip+ at the moment. Not that impressed with the sound to be honest. Fairly good base response but the mids are to recessed. The sound signature of these phones in my opinion are to veiled. Not the mention the comfort. After a couple of hours of extensive use I got an headache. The fit over the head is to tight. Nevertheless I wanna test these phones with the C2.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:51 PM

How is the C2 treating you?