android
Old 11-14-2011, 04:57 PM

Question Music Player Problem

The default, Music beta and Double Twist players can't find my songs but they're on the SD card. Well the default player can but I have to search for them which is a pain and some of my songs are listed as the file names instead of the tagged MP3 or AAC file. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I don't want to regret buying this but it's not as easy as my iPod was.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-14-2011, 08:11 PM

-Use mp3tag to check your tags for mistakes or corrupted data in music
-you can change the ''songs are listed as the file names instead of the tag'' and ''can't find music in Settings i think, just direct to the folders
-i suggest you use either PowerAmp or PlayerPro, those are way better players that Double Twist (I can get a link for you if you don't want to but them from android market )

Old 11-15-2011, 09:46 AM

question: does anyone know of a music player that does not run in the background? I've been using Winamp which works great but when I dont want to hear music it still insists on running and I think that contributes to battery drain.

Old 11-15-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluezzy View Post
I think that contributes to battery drain.

It doesn't

Old 11-16-2011, 02:43 PM

I'm going to second the recommendation for PowerAmp. It's the best player I've found yet. It has a very smooth integration of a graphic equalizer that includes a pre-amp. Most of the graphic equalizer programs in the market tend to cause skips at times, but the one on PowerAmp does not. It really opens up the sound of the player and makes it fun to listen to, closer to listening to a home stereo instead of an mp3 player. I didn't even know the player could deliver that kind of sound quality until I tried this app. I'm on a free trial now, but I'll probably kick in the $5 to make it permanent when the trial is up. I know, there are probably torrents that might make it free, but I think it's worth giving the developers a reward for doing a good job. I just hope they don't ever mess it up with a bad update. That is the one frustrating thing I've found with some Android apps. They work great, then an update will come along and make them work not so great (I'm thinking of WinAmp here, but there are others).

Old 11-16-2011, 02:54 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyfaraway View Post
I'm going to second the recommendation for PowerAmp. It's the best player I've found yet. It has a very smooth integration of a graphic equalizer that includes a pre-amp. Most of the graphic equalizer programs in the market tend to cause skips at times, but the one on PowerAmp does not. It really opens up the sound of the player and makes it fun to listen to, closer to listening to a home stereo instead of an mp3 player. I didn't even know the player could deliver that kind of sound quality until I tried this app. I'm on a free trial now, but I'll probably kick in the $5 to make it permanent when the trial is up. I know, there are probably torrents that might make it free, but I think it's worth giving the developers a reward for doing a good job. I just hope they don't ever mess it up with a bad update. That is the one frustrating thing I've found with some Android apps. They work great, then an update will come along and make them work not so great (I'm thinking of WinAmp here, but there are others).
Hold ooooonnn!!

Try PlayerPro Before! (Downloading its DSP pack app as well)
It delivers as good as PowerAmp, and it is more active, in regards of features and patches

Old 11-16-2011, 04:50 PM

I tried PlayerPro. I tried it a few weeks ago, but the unpaid version of the app was pretty restricted, in my experience. I couldn't save EQ settings. It also seemed to have problems "seeing" all my music. Maybe I was doing something wrong, but I wasn't impressed by it. Perhaps the paid version is much superior to both the free version of itself and PowerAmp. I wound up unistalling it. I tried WinAmp and a couple of other, but just tried PowerAmp this week. I've been happy with it so far, but I know the free trial will run out and I'll have to decide whether to cough up for it or not. But it's let me access a lot of features, including saving EQ settings, in the free version, so I've gotten a good feel for it. I guess it's a matter of preference. Maybe I'll try downloading the free version again to see what it does this time and make a comparison between the two directly.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:59 PM

I also tried PlayerPro trial. All my songs kept skipping.
Then i tried PowerAmp trial for 2 days. Loved it so much
i just bought it. Cross fading, Enquening, Multiple playlist,
pre amp, folder view.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:53 PM

I just put my hands on both versions in full modes, and i must admit both are amazing, and regardless what i said earlier, im changing to Power Amp, it's better in everything except GUI...

Galaxyfaraway, If it is not bad seen in this forum i can link you all to both free full versions? then you can test both

http://content.wuala.com/contents/martinezk/www.m4rtyn3zk.com.ar/Apks/Pow.AMP(www.m4rtyn3zk.com.ar).rar?dl=1 (PowerAmp 2.0 install unlocker first, app next)

https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D6555449_9117358_856563 (PlayerPro 2.12 full, Widgets and DSL pack from Android Market are compatible)

UPDATE: since im not root, my own PowerAmp wont Patch for me (this link version), since i don't like the only patched non unlocker version (1.0 Build 230), i'll stick with PlayerPro :3

Last edited by thelonely; 11-17-2011 at 05:33 PM.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:53 PM

Rockbox RaaA-- it's a work in progress but works well. Gapless. EQ. Many supported Codecs.

Program: http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php/topic,28315.0.html click on the link in the first post.

Theme: http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/...ened&sort=desc look at the bottom of the page.

One should be somewhat familiar with Rockbox before installing/using it.

Otherwise, it's great.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelonely View Post
I just put my hands on both versions in full modes, and i must admit both are amazing, and regardless what i said earlier, im changing to Power Amp, it's better in everything except GUI...

Galaxyfaraway, If it is not bad seen in this forum i can link you all to both free full versions? then you can test both

http://content.wuala.com/contents/martinezk/www.m4rtyn3zk.com.ar/Apks/Pow.AMP(www.m4rtyn3zk.com.ar).rar?dl=1 (PowerAmp 2.0 install unlocker first, app next)

https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D6555449_9117358_856563 (PlayerPro 2.12 full, Widgets and DSL pack from Android Market are compatible)
Thanks for the links.

I finally solved the problem of "finding" my music in PowerAmp. I went into settings and checked off all options for seeking music, then did a re-scan for music files. It seems to have found all of them, plus other sound files. I'm going to have to figure out how to get the sound files that aren't music out of the queue now (like the chiming and beeps from my GPS). I think I prefer PowerAmp mostly for its very comprehensive EQ, including the preamp. Although PlayerPro does have advantages, too (it found my music easier this time, without having to do a rescan or getting sound files that aren't music).