android
Go Back   abi>>forums > Software & Media > Software

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2011, 03:11 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Default MediaMonkey 4.0 released....video support added.

MusicBee is the new darling around here for many of our members, but I didn't go with it, since I already have plenty of music programs, including a lifetime "Gold" license for MediaMonkey. So what's new with MM 4? Apparently video support.....which I have not tried yet.

Quote:
MediaMonkey 4.0 – Brings the ‘media’ to MediaMonkey

November 16th, 2011 MediaMonkey has long been known as a music manager for serious collectors. With today’s release, Ventis Media’s MediaMonkey 4.0 finally lives up to its moniker–managing video as well as music.
“One of the most commonly received requests we’ve had was to extend MediaMonkey’s music management, tagging, and organization tools to video. MediaMonkey 4 will provide serious video collectors with the tools they need to effectively manage their collections,” indicated Russell Samuels, VP Marketing.

The new version tags AVI, MP4, and WMV with support for MKV coming in the future. It can lookup album art and metadata, automatically rename and organize videos based on metadata, and convert between video formats. Additionally, it’s able to segment a library into ‘Collections’ so that home videos, music videos, movies, and tv shows can be managed independently.

“This is one of the most significant MediaMonkey releases to-date.” said Jiri Hajek, VP Engineering. “Although it adds a lot of new functionality, the new UI is even simpler than in previous versions of MediaMonkey. MediaMonkey 4 is accessible to the novice, but powerful enough for the most serious collector.”

The new version also improves devices synchronization for Android devices, adds library sharing over DLNA / UPnP, improved audio output via WASAPI, secure ripping for bit perfect CD rips, and portable mode to carry MediaMonkey on a USB stick.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/news/2011...o-mediamonkey/

And here is a summary of the changes....
http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/inde...%27s_New_in_V4

It will take a little time to get used to the changes, I'm sure, and I'll be curious to see how the video support is. If it plays all my existing videos well enough, then perhaps I'll be able to retire WMP12 for good (that's all I use it for now).

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tags
mediamonkey, video support