android
Old 11-16-2011, 04:10 PM

Default Is their anyway to downgrade firmware.

I updated the woot galaxy 5.0 to 2.3 using a guide on this forum. I want to ship to get it serviced but im scared they wont because i did a illegal update??

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-17-2011, 03:50 PM

I upgraded to Gingerbread using directions that were on the Woot forum for this product. I'm not sure it used the exact same firmware and method that were on this forum, but I found a page on the Woot forum that described how to roll it back to Froyo OS, using the firmware that was linked on that page. Apparently, there's a file bundled in the Woot firmware download that will roll it back to Froyo. The file is called PDA_low. Here's a link to the Woot forum page with the directions. Look at the third post on that page from a poster named smithsquared, then the fifth post on the page from manrajk that says to use Odin to install PDA_low from the firmware bundle (the direct links to both the firmware bundle and Odin are in the quote section of smithsquared's post):

http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost....eplyCount=1196

Old 11-17-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyfaraway View Post
I upgraded to Gingerbread using directions that were on the Woot forum for this product. I'm not sure it used the exact same firmware and method that were on this forum, but I found a page on the Woot forum that described how to roll it back to Froyo OS, using the firmware that was linked on that page. Apparently, there's a file bundled in the Woot firmware download that will roll it back to Froyo. The file is called PDA_low. Here's a link to the Woot forum page with the directions. Look at the third post on that page from a poster named smithsquared, then the fifth post on the page from manrajk that says to use Odin to install PDA_low from the firmware bundle (the direct links to both the firmware bundle and Odin are in the quote section of smithsquared's post):

http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost....eplyCount=1196
i get that u have to go to samfirmware.com the problem is theirs like 3 firmware downloads. Which 1 do i get? G70XXKD6 ##, G70ZSKE2 ##, or G70JKKE3 ##