android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Vision:M

Old 04-12-2009, 02:22 PM

Smile Is your 30GB ZVM stuck on recovery mode? Can't upgrade firmware? Here's a fix!

Just reposting from a thread I typed on another site

After about 3 years of having my ZVM stuck as a dead paperweight, I decided to put my foot down and remain determined to find a solution. Searches on google, yahoo, and askjeeves led me to believe that I wasn't the only one with this problem, and that there wasn't a solution that didn't involve buying new hard drives or taking it to a local electronics store for evaluation.

So outta nowhere your ZVM went into recovery mode, right? And gave you four choices: Clean Up, Format, Upgrade Firmware, and Reboot. If you were anything like me you gave each choice a chance. Bad decision, because now your player has no firmware. Of course, your first idea is to check out Creative's website and download the latest firmware... but once you do that, it just won't detect your player.

Here's what you can do:

First, I've made up a checklist:
  • 1. Make sure your drivers are working properly
    • -Right click on My Computer and go to Properties. Click on the Hardware tab at the top.

• -Click on Device Manager. Your ZVM should be listed under Windows Portable Devices or Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
      • --If there is a yellow, broken question mark symbol next to the name of your device, you may want to check the drivers. Right click Creative Zen Vision:M and select Update Driver... . Windows Wizard should pop up. When it asks to connect to Windows Update, select Yes, this time only and hit Next. In the next window, select Install the hardware automatically (Recommended). Your driver should be updated to MTP Device (it may not show up as the ZVM icon, but that's fine)

2. End sync partnership with your device on WMP
    • -It doesn't matter if you're using 10 or 11, but on the left hand side of WMP, right click your ZVM and select End Sync Partnership.

3. Re-install Zen Vision M Media Explorer
    • -After updating the drivers and installing ZVM media explorer though your installation CD, check to see if the application reads your player and allows you to add music, browse, etc. (although you can't yet)

After that, you must download the firmware. What threw my player off was the fact that Creative didn't show a firmware upgrade for the 30GB ZVM but only for the 60GB (if you read the name when you download the firmware, it'll say 60gb). This is why it won't read your player and gives you a "Your player is not connected, please connection your player" error message!

Here's a link for the 30GB firmware. McAfee SiteAdvisor found no malware or any other viruses.

After downloading, Run the application. The program should now read your ZVM. Select Upgrade (process takes about 3 min) and enjoy your fixed player!

-Invasion-

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-15-2009, 06:41 PM

i tried to right click creative zen but there isnt any update driver what do i do???

Old 04-24-2009, 09:39 PM

I tried updating my Creative Zen Vision M but when it automatically upsates it comes up with "Cannot Install this Hardware. There was a problem with installing this hardware: MTP Device. An error occured during the installation of the device . The Data was invalid". Any solutions to this?

Old 05-10-2009, 06:21 PM

My Zen player does exactly what you said but I've already tried the 30GB version a lot. Still nothing. And Device manager says MTP is fine.

Old 05-11-2009, 03:05 AM

Help Can you Post photo about it???

[QUOTE=Invasion;346484]Just reposting from a thread I typed on another site

• I don't know how to do stage 2:
    • -It doesn't matter if you're using 10 or 11, but on the left hand side of WMP, right click your ZVM and select End Sync Partnership.I don't see ZVm in WMP.Can't you help me ??what is your email??Can you help me???

Old 09-28-2009, 04:56 PM

Default It worked!!!!! Thank u again!

My Zen stopped working about 4 months ago - it showed "Firmware Problem" & stayed in Recovery Mode. I have literally tried HUNDREDS of fixes - I've visited HUNDREDS of posts claiming that they know how to fix it. I had almost given up & after spending about $275 on it about 4 years ago - I was devastated because it had been an awesome device up until this problem. I just happened across your post this past weekend & thought what the heck - I'll try this one & I am so unbelievably happy I did because - IT WORKED!!!!! I just want to say thank you so very much; I was dreading having to purchase a new MP3 player & now mine is working PERFECT! U r a freaking genius! And I just have to say THANK U again! U saved me a ton of money & hours of researching another device! HOPE TONS OF GOOD FORTUNE COME YOUR WAY!

Old 09-29-2009, 04:01 PM

Default I cannot beleive I have just listened to a song on my vision M

You freakin b@st@rd Invasion. I cannot beleive after a year of the vision M sitting on my window sill gathering dust that I have just put a song on it and listened to it. I cannot honestly remember what happened it a year ago but i def remember the days and days of googling it with no luck whatsoever and thought i was putting it to its final resting place...the bin. I'm sleeping happy tonight!

Old 10-06-2009, 11:38 AM

Exclamation Help, please!

Ive done everything (I even uninstlled WMP10)
But to no avail..
Im still having the Upgrade Failure..
Did I miss out on something?
Any good info would be appreciated!
Please..
Thanks in advance!

Old 11-03-2009, 12:39 PM

If you get too frustrated and can't handle it, you can send it to me and I will fix it for you for free. Just cover the return shipping.
Gordon

Old 02-19-2010, 01:35 PM

THANK YOU SO MUCH. ENDLESS SEARCHING ON THE NET FOR AN ANSWER-- OVER.

(turns out I probably used the 60GB firmware on my 30GB Zen. )

Just loaded some music on it!

THANK YOU AGAIN!

Old 04-20-2012, 02:50 PM

[quote=kevintran178;354710]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invasion View Post

• I don't know how to do stage 2:
    • -It doesn't matter if you're using 10 or 11, but on the left hand side of WMP, right click your ZVM and select End Sync Partnership.I don't see ZVm in WMP.Can't you help me ??what is your email??Can you help me???

what did you do to fix this issue... I have the same one..

You wrote " don't know how to do stage 2:
  • -It doesn't matter if you're using 10 or 11, but on the left hand side of WMP, right click your ZVM and select End Sync Partnership.I don't see ZVm in WMP.Can't you help me ??what is your email??Can you help me??? "

Old 04-20-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invasion View Post

After about 3 years of having my ZVM stuck as a dead paperweight, I decided to put my foot down and remain determined to find a solution. Searches on google, yahoo, and askjeeves led me to believe that I wasn't the only one with this problem, and that there wasn't a solution that didn't involve buying new hard drives or taking it to a local electronics store for evaluation.

So outta nowhere your ZVM went into recovery mode, right? And gave you four choices: Clean Up, Format, Upgrade Firmware, and Reboot. If you were anything like me you gave each choice a chance. Bad decision, because now your player has no firmware. Of course, your first idea is to check out Creative's website and download the latest firmware... but once you do that, it just won't detect your player.

Here's what you can do:

First, I've made up a checklist:
  • 1. Make sure your drivers are working properly
    • -Right click on My Computer and go to Properties. Click on the Hardware tab at the top.

• -Click on Device Manager. Your ZVM should be listed under Windows Portable Devices or Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
      • --If there is a yellow, broken question mark symbol next to the name of your device, you may want to check the drivers. Right click Creative Zen Vision:M and select Update Driver... . Windows Wizard should pop up. When it asks to connect to Windows Update, select Yes, this time only and hit Next. In the next window, select Install the hardware automatically (Recommended). Your driver should be updated to MTP Device (it may not show up as the ZVM icon, but that's fine)

• -It doesn't matter if you're using 10 or 11, but on the left hand side of WMP, right click your ZVM and select End Sync Partnership.

3. Re-install Zen Vision M Media Explorer
    • -After updating the drivers and installing ZVM media explorer though your installation CD, check to see if the application reads your player and allows you to add music, browse, etc. (although you can't yet)

After that, you must download the firmware. What threw my player off was the fact that Creative didn't show a firmware upgrade for the 30GB ZVM but only for the 60GB (if you read the name when you download the firmware, it'll say 60gb). This is why it won't read your player and gives you a "Your player is not connected, please connection your player" error message!

Here's a link for the 30GB firmware. McAfee SiteAdvisor found no malware or any other viruses.

After downloading, Run the application. The program should now read your ZVM. Select Upgrade (process takes about 3 min) and enjoy your fixed player!

-Invasion-
Invasion,
I got to Stage 2...(End sync partnership with your device on WMP )
  • I am on WMP Ver 11, but nothing detected the left hand side of WMP, (there isn't a ZVM to right click and select End Sync Partnership.I don't see ZVm in WMP.
  • It just will not recognize the ZVM....
  • please advice

Old 04-20-2012, 03:47 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Heh, NECROTHREAD.

Old 09-23-2012, 06:50 PM

I right click on my Zen but I don't see anything that says Update Driver. What do I do instead?

Tags
connection, firmware, recovery, zen vision m