android
Old 11-21-2011, 09:25 AM

Default Buzz/Static/Noise from SGP?

Hello,
I own a lg optimus 2x that has the same audio chipset as the galaxy players.
Using the earphones with this android device I noticed that it does a really annoying thing, whenever you press something that is supposed to make a sound like open an app or menu navigation you hear a static buzz noise, like if the audio driver is "initialized" followed by an evident noise that stops after 2 seconds (unless you press something else that makes a sound soon after), that stops with an another buzz, corresponding to the audio being "closed"... so imagine what happens when you're surfing or exploring the phone with no music playing how annoying this is.
Does this happen with the galaxy players?
I'm worried because I read this is an android general problem.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-21-2011, 10:29 AM

Well, I get a static noise whenever listening to music with the volume tuned down really low, never noticed it with system sounds since I keep it in silent mode!

Old 11-21-2011, 10:40 AM

can you check if it happens? Stop the music, attach the earphones, turn the system audio on (even in silent mode the audio is initialized causing that buzz, "media" volume must be higher than 0).
I read people saying that they hear "electric sounds" when using the touch screen, I bet it's what I mean

Old 11-21-2011, 01:30 PM

No, I don't notice anything like that, just a constant static sound, although it doesn't start until you start music, but it continues even after I stop the music. It might just be mine is defective since some people say they don't here it.

Old 11-21-2011, 05:17 PM

I originally thought I had that problem with my device - it turned out that I hadn't plugged my headphones all the way in. Never had any static since.

The other possibility is that the issue is with your headphones - try plugging in a different pair and seeing if the issue is still there.

Otherwise, I would assume you have a defective unit. My old Xoom used to have an issue very similar to what you are describing, except it only happened when WiFi was turned on. As soon as I turned on wifi, it would buzz and click and whirr into my headphones like there was no tomorrow.

Old 11-21-2011, 05:27 PM

It's not my unit, I asked other people with the same phone and they experience the same. I just wanna make sure the SGP 4.0 to be exact doesn't have it

Old 11-21-2011, 10:29 PM

SGP 5: absolutely no noise, static, etc..

I use Froyo rom that came with it. Simply perfect.

Headphones: Phillips She9000