android
Old 06-03-2011, 04:32 PM

Default Issue with my headphones.

I just got my iAudio 9 from Amazon and I'm hoping ya Cowon users can help me with my issue. My personal ear buds that I use don't sound good with the iAudio9. The sound that comes out is distorted and it sounds really bad . My headphones are Klipsch s4. I also tried my brothers Skull Candy headphones and the same thing happens, and when I use the headphones that came in the package with the iAudio9 they work fine. WTF.So do the Cowon's only work with their own headset?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-03-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortillas4Turtles View Post
... WTF.So do the Cowon's only work with their own headset?
No, any phones designed for portables should work fine, all my earbuds and custom work great on my i9. Not sure what it could be, is the 3.5mm jack inserted all the way.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 06-03-2011, 05:03 PM

Hey, thanks for responding that quick. I kind of got it to work now in a lame way imo. When I insert the earbuds all the way in, the sound is bad, but when I pull it out just a little bit the sound sounds like it should but it has to be pulled out at the right spot. If you can go ahead and delete the thread. Thanks again.

Old 06-03-2011, 10:30 PM

I don't think there's a need to delete the thread as it might help someone else. That said, I'm concerned by your reply that there's something off with the female 3.5mm jack on your i9, if it's still under warranty I'd recommend you RMA it.

Old 06-04-2011, 08:50 AM

I noticed that the skull candies and the klipsch have three rings around the metal part that plug into the iaudio 9 and the earbuds that came with the iAudio 9 have two rings. I tested another two headphones that belong to my dad and those work with the iaudio9 and they have the two rings around the metal part too. Should the rings make a difference? My klipsch sounds great with my phone and computer. I already emailed the vendor that sold me the i audio 9 they said theres probably a problem with my klipsch.

Last edited by Tortillas4Turtles; 06-04-2011 at 09:34 AM. Reason: just cause

Old 11-30-2011, 12:08 PM

I find the same problem myself. I just bought a Cowon i9 and Skullcandy Aviators to go with it. The sound is just distorted when i plug it in but if I press the music control button it sounds fine. Please help.

Old 11-30-2011, 12:21 PM

3 rings on the male plug typically means it’s a TRRS connector VS a stereo TRS connector. TRRS connectors are for microphone, control button or other inline gizmos. TRRS plugs do not work properly with a TRS stereo jack if the ground contact in the jack connects to the microphone contact on the plug and I doubt that they work well with cowons, they’re made for ipods and phones that use added gizmos to the headphones/IEMs. If you can not return for a replacement the only other option is to cut and solder in a TRS which would mean dumping the inline gizmo. A good & affordable plug for that would be a Neutrik 3.5mm.