android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy Player Series

Old 03-01-2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupti View Post
That sounds awesome ! I hope to try it out myself too, soon. I doubt that there will be many bugs, because other than the capacitive button on the US version, I don't think there is a difference. If all works well, Steve can say that this ROM is works on the US version too.
i've tested camera, wifi and a handfull of apps everything seems to work except the haptic feedback on the home button, just like on Klin's. Klin's does seem to lose less battery at idle then Steves does, but steves looks nicer. any know of a performance test app I can use to compare the 2?

Steve could make it a universal Rom by removing the kernel from the rom package and just saying to flash the kernel for your region first.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-01-2012, 04:54 PM

I use Quadrant Standard for my benchmarks. It does a thorough job. With the stock ROM and kernel, I got around 1230 on my US version.

How does the battery life compare on the custom ROMs to the original ROM and kernel?

Last edited by gupti; 03-01-2012 at 05:00 PM.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
I use Quadrant Standard for my benchmarks. It does a thorough job. With the stock ROM and kernel, I got around 1230 on my US version.

How does the battery life compare on the custom ROMs to the original ROM and kernel?
steves benched at a 1251 will report back later when I switch back to Klin's tonight, as for battery see the posts near the top of the forums about battery life. Steves seems to burn thru it rather fast and Klin's with the tweaks listed in the other thread can idle on about 1% battery every 6-9 hours, but consumption with poweramp seems about the same.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel644 View Post
steves benched at a 1251 will report back later when I switch back to Klin's tonight, as for battery see the posts near the top of the forums about battery life. Steves seems to burn thru it rather fast and Klin's with the tweaks listed in the other thread can idle on about 1% battery every 6-9 hours, but consumption with poweramp seems about the same.
With Steve's and without Klin's mine won't drop even 1% when I take it off the charger til when my alarm wakes me up (9-11 hours), so the same battery life is possible out of Steve's alone that Klin's gets, if not better.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woer View Post
With Steve's and without Klin's mine won't drop even 1% when I take it off the charger til when my alarm wakes me up (9-11 hours), so the same battery life is possible out of Steve's alone that Klin's gets, if not better.
are you using steves rom or just his kernel? with just his kernel I was able to get it down to 6 hours per percent but klin's got me to 9 hours.

What settings/programs did you use to achieve your battery life?

Old 03-01-2012, 10:47 PM

Quote:

Klin's R2.1 pulled a 1318 on Quadrant.

Old 03-02-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
are you using steves rom or just his kernel? with just his kernel I was able to get it down to 6 hours per percent but klin's got me to 9 hours.

What settings/programs did you use to achieve your battery life?
Just his kernel--to be honest I didn't realize he has a rom. I'm not actually sure what I get without the apps and just the kernel because I installed the apps before the kernel, so I suppose the comparison isn't that useful.

But anyway, CPUtuner seems to help the most. For "Screen Off", I have a conservative governor (thresholds 95 up and 80 down), no restriction on frequencies (I have it OC'ed to 1.3ghz), airplane mode on, wifi/bluetooth/etc. all off. After that using Tegrak I dropped the core voltage of 100mhz to 800mV, and now it doesn't go down at all overnight.

Old 03-02-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Klin's R2.1 pulled a 1318 on Quadrant.
I did another Quadrant test today, scored 1246. I will probably go through another to get a good average.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
I did another Quadrant test today, scored 1246. I will probably go through another to get a good average.
it definitely varies I ran it a second time on Klin's r2.1 the first time it scored 1318 the second time it only did a 1290

Old 03-02-2012, 02:23 PM

Well, it's faster than the stock ROM. But the again, mine has been in use for a few months, so it's probably a bit slower. I wonder if the ext4 voodoo lagfix was implemented, the benchmark would be even higher (for the I/O tests).

EDIT: I also ran a test before, gave me 1235. This time, 1274 (plugged into a PC, dunno if that makes a difference).

Last edited by gupti; 03-02-2012 at 02:31 PM.

Old 03-04-2012, 04:04 PM

My current situation:

I was getting funny results from RMAA with Steve's US Kernel. I reflashed it, and that's where the problems began. Firstly, it bootlooped. No matter how many times I reflashed, it did that. I then tried to Flash a ROM, which only made matters even worse, by bootlooping at Steve's logo. I flashed others, still the same problem. Thanks to woer, who posted this guide:
Quote:
1) download odin 1.3 (google it or http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...36&postcount=2) *note* there are later versions of odin, but they didn't work for me; only 1.3 did.

2) download us rom (http://www.4shared.com/file/zhZjh0EY..._us235tar.html)

3) plug in 4.0
etc...

I managed to get the loop back at the Samsung "Galaxy" animation. I re-flashed Steve's Kernel, and it still boot loops. What do I do?

EDIT: Nevermind, I fixed it...

Last edited by gupti; 03-04-2012 at 06:49 PM.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:12 PM

Quote:
My current situation:

I was getting funny results from RMAA with Steve's US Kernel. I reflashed it, and that's where the problems began. Firstly, it bootlooped. No matter how many times I reflashed, it did that. I then tried to Flash a ROM, which only made matters even worse, by bootlooping at Steve's logo. I flashed others, still the same problem. Thanks to woer, who posted this guide:etc...

I managed to get the loop back at the Samsung "Galaxy" animation. I re-flashed Steve's Kernel, and it still boot loops. What do I do?

EDIT: Nevermind, I fixed it...
For the record so anyone else has this happen to them what worked for me was to use Odin 1.85 to flash the rooted Stock ROM from xda then boot into the stock recovery and preform both wipes then reboot, that should get you out of the bootloop from there then flash whatever you wanna play with next. the CWM recovery in Steves Kernel seems to cause a bootloop on the US 4.0 players simple by going into it.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
For the record so anyone else has this happen to them what worked for me was to use Odin 1.85 to flash the rooted Stock ROM from xda then boot into the stock recovery and preform both wipes then reboot, that should get you out of the bootloop from there then flash whatever you wanna play with next. the CWM recovery in Steves Kernel seems to cause a bootloop on the US 4.0 players simple by going into it.
Also for the record, I used this ROM from XDA, not the one woer posted: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1512331

Takes a while to download, but then works fine.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:11 AM

For some reason I never got bootloops in CWM, even before I began using my own custom rom.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Also for the record, I used this ROM from XDA, not the one woer posted: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1512331

Takes a while to download, but then works fine.
your link is the one I used, wish the guy would put it on mediafire or something faster.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klin1344 View Post
For some reason I never got bootloops in CWM, even before I began using my own custom rom.
I began to bootloop once I thought the Voodoo kernel did not flash properly, so I re -flashed it. I could still use Clockworkmod and download mode.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:55 PM

I have made a thread on how to fully restore your device.

Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1531850

Hope it helps!

Old 03-14-2012, 06:01 PM

Newbie question: Does the 4.0 need to be rooted before doing this voodoo mod?

Old 03-15-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanggongjja View Post
Newbie question: Does the 4.0 need to be rooted before doing this voodoo mod?
Please refer to posts #88 and #89 on page 5 of this thread.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanggongjja View Post
How did you all install voodoo? When I try it in google play, it says "This app is incompatible with your Samsung YP-G1." ??
2 choices

1. go on your computer and find a download of the apk, then copy to the players storage then open that file via a file browser on the player, and click install.

2. search the forums for the device ID hack and change the device ID to the I9000 via that method, then it will show in the market.

option 1 is much easier.