android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Cowon iAudio > Cowon X7

Old 12-01-2011, 10:51 PM

Default Stuck on "Updating Database" for 3 days now- can anyone help?

Hey folks,

I bought the Cowon X7 in August of this year new from Amazon. I updated it to version 1.08.

I turned it on a few days ago and encountered an Updating Database message. The problem is that it has been locked in this mode. Pressing the power button on/off or holding it down to reset does nothing.

I plugged the X7 into my computer, but it is not recognized so I cannot follow the steps to reinstall or update the firmware. I tried with several other computers, but have the same problem.

I have hardly used the X7, and it has never left the house, so I know there is no physical damage to the unit.

I have investigated this issue on the iaudiophile.net forums (http://iaudiophile.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=112) and it seems that others are having this problem, too, and that there seems not to be an easy solution: http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showth...ating+database

Note that I am using a PC, not a Mac, and that the X7 has been stuck in Updating Database for several days now.

Does anyone have any advice on troubleshooting this?

Thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-02-2011, 06:37 AM

Try the reset button

It's located under the port lid at the bottom and you'll need something pointy, like a paper clip, to push it.