android
Old 12-23-2011, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj christian View Post
Yea i don't see the point of SQ.

If you have to make any SQ adjustments it's something wrong with your headphones.

Basically any sort of BBE, Mach3Bass or SQ adjustments is pointless.
I'm actually curious as to what gear you have. I don't know a single headphone that is good at every type of music.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-23-2011, 09:57 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj christian View Post
Yea i don't see the point of SQ.

If you have to make any SQ adjustments it's something wrong with your headphones.

Basically any sort of BBE, Mach3Bass or SQ adjustments is pointless.
Really? So, if your a DJ, you don't adjust the sound system to the specifics of the venue your playing - different clubs have different characteristics.

Besides, a sound engineer tweaks the music to his/her liking, NOT what the artist actually intended. Saying the headphones are defective/damaged/crap is just ridiculous. Each hp has a different sound charistic, and each person does hear differently, so each of us enjoy music a different way.

Also, if you don't like using the sound enhancements and eq, then don't. Saying it's a pointless (which means USELESS) feature is YOUR opinion. Don't waste our time with this old debate please,...and it is a waste of our time.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Really? So, if your a DJ, you don't adjust the sound system to the specifics of the venue your playing - different clubs have different characteristics.

Besides, a sound engineer tweaks the music to his/her liking, NOT what the artist actually intended. Saying the headphones are defective/damaged/crap is just ridiculous. Each hp has a different sound charistic, and each person does hear differently, so each of us enjoy music a different way.

Also, if you don't like using the sound enhancements and eq, then don't. Saying it's a pointless (which means USELESS) feature is YOUR opinion. Don't waste our time with this old debate please,...and it is a waste of our time.

Yea for example what's the point of having a good quality DAC if you still have to tweak your SQ to make things pretty in your little ears. Im not saying that SQ should be a "no no" option, just that it's pointless in many situations.

Your point is unvalid!!

Old 12-23-2011, 10:12 AM

Enough with the trolling, back on topic. Get over it - your opinion on this matter isn't the universally accepted law.

Old 12-23-2011, 02:41 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I'm just happy that Cowon is producing SOMETHING that caters to the media-consuming crowd,...that like great SQ. The specs on this might be lackluster, but it WILL sound GREAT!!!

Old 01-26-2012, 02:10 PM

anyone heard about the new Z2?

Old 01-26-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by builder900 View Post
Yes.

http://anythingbutipod.com/2012/01/c...called-the-z2/

http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67185

Old 01-26-2012, 05:09 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by builder900 View Post
Dude, search the forums a bit - here AND on iAudiophile.net (our sister-site).

Old 02-11-2012, 07:44 AM

dj christian seems woefully unaware of the difference between 'SQ' (sound quality) and sound enhancements.

BBE is with high probability the best sound enhancement technology available, even from a universal perspective, and while it could be debated whether using the actual sound enhancements with high-performing headphones is to be recommended, most people will find it actually further improves the sound, and it is VERY useful for improving the sound of lower-end headphones and speakers.

If he's talking about EQing headphones being pointless, then I just don't know what to answer. It's not. Full stop.

Old 03-11-2012, 05:37 AM

The UI looks pretty nice in this video and easy to use,mainly because its on such a huge resistive touch screen,none of the buttons are in any tight spots with that much space

http://youtu.be/SHKDOuFsj-0