android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Xtra / Touch

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2011, 08:50 PM

Default Creative MediaSource won't recognize my new 60GB Xtra (an upgrade)

A few years ago, I bought the Creative Zen XTra 30GB. A couple years later, I upgraded to the 40GB version of Zen XTra and had no problem transferring my existing playlists into the new unit (using Creative MediaSource). I ran out of space again, so I just bought a 60GB Zen XTra (same exact thing but twice the original size). And I bought this MOSTLY because I've created over 200 playlists over the years (which, added up, took weeks to create), and I don't want to buy an iPod and spend WEEKS creating those same playlists again from scratch.) The problem: Though I can drag mp3s from my computer into the 60GB Zen XTra through Windows Explorer (and they play fine), Creative MediaSource DOES NOT recognize my new player (even though it's virtually the same as the 40GB and 30TB Zen XTras I previously bought!) As such, I can't drag the playlists into my new Zen XTra. I'm thinking I'll have to return this because if I have to spend weeks creating those same playlists from scratch, I might as well buy an iPod and have a much smaller-sized unit. But before doing that, is there a fairly simple way I can get Creative MediaSource to recognize my 60GB Zen XTra? I may have had to get help from Creative to get my 40GB Zen to be recognized, but surely they won't help me now, as it's been years since this has been a "supported" model. I should also add that I'm not really tech-savvy so please explain in detail. (Also, I don't want to lose my existing Creative MediaSource that's working properly for my 40GB and 30GB units - in case I'll have to live with only those two units - and I don't want to lose those existing playlists.)

Last edited by EdisonLite; 12-13-2011 at 12:34 PM. Reason: clarification

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]