android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy Player Series

Old 12-30-2011, 09:10 PM

I had the same volume issue during my 15 day experiment with Poweramp. Volume was all over the place when trying to adjust.

When the time was up, I deleted it and went with Winamp.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-30-2011, 09:53 PM

I tried Winamp a year ago and wasn't happy. I think it had problems with album art. Has it improved? I really like Cubed, but may give Winamp another try.

Old 01-07-2012, 04:54 PM

Finally found Cubed in Market and downloaded it.VERY impressed.Really a fun app that takes a bit of work to figure out.Music sounds really good without any use of equalizer.Since its in Beta there is probably changes on the way but right now it offers a lot.Most accurate album art finder yet.Love the spinning cube as the random mode moves through different albums.

Old 01-07-2012, 05:12 PM

EQualizer is a good music app for Android. I use it on my SGS wifi 3.6 and the sound on it is sweet. The virtualizer setting on it is awesome and it acts as a sort of stereo wide function. PowerAMP is also good except for the volume issue where the volume goes all over the place when adjusting.

IEM - Sony EX310LP, Panasonic HJE900, JVC FXC80, Sennheiser CX300II

Old 01-07-2012, 06:10 PM

I used this Equalizer for a while but it made my music skip.Especially if you tried to use settings plus virtual and bass boost.Had this issue with cloudskipper,winamp and ttpod.I deleted it for the other free equalizer in the market.

Old 01-07-2012, 06:46 PM

I was going to download Cloudskipper app but its says that my device isn't compatible. So I guess it isn't compatible with the Samsung Galaxy S wifi 3.6 I am using the latest Android gingerbread firmware too. Oh well

IEM - Sony EX310LP, Panasonic HJE900, JVC FXC80, Sennheiser CX300II

Old 01-07-2012, 08:05 PM

Yeah, I've about decided it's staying. The default player/equalizer is great, but no harm in 2 players! I go back and forth between the cube and the morph flow. If you haven't tried the widget yet, it's one of the better ones. I "tweak" the sound in the default player to my liking, and cubed with no equalizer sounds about the same. Hopefully they'll fix the equalizer bugs (it does tend to make skips if turned on).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg3 View Post
Finally found Cubed in Market and downloaded it.VERY impressed.Really a fun app that takes a bit of work to figure out.Music sounds really good without any use of equalizer.Since its in Beta there is probably changes on the way but right now it offers a lot.Most accurate album art finder yet.Love the spinning cube as the random mode moves through different albums.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:42 PM

Discovered Songbird today and love it.Simple and sounds great.Now with three music apps(Cubed,TTPOD and Songbird)Its time to find out which one sounds the best and say goodby to the rest.

Last edited by mattg3; 01-09-2012 at 07:36 AM.

Old 01-08-2012, 11:04 PM

Cubed and Cubed... sounds like you're leaning that way. Don't forget the default player, it's pretty darn good. I'm down to it and Cubed.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:39 AM

My mistake since I forgot to put in songbird.Take a shot at songbird for its sound quality.While you are listening to an artist it has the option to go out and find and display lots of different pictures of the artist.fun option.
I actually also have Doubletwist that I use to put new music from my imac itunes to the Galaxy but not so impressed with it as a player.

Old 01-09-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maixiu View Post
I had the same volume issue during my 15 day experiment with Poweramp. Volume was all over the place when trying to adjust.

When the time was up, I deleted it and went with Winamp.
I also had the same issue but purchased it anyway hoping for a fix and there hasn't been one yet.

PowerAmp produces the best sound without tweeking the Eq or Bass/Treble setting's that I have hear so far. PowerAmp kept me from returning my SGP. Which now is my main device for just about everything.

I have WinAmp installed but never use it. I do however use the WinAmp on the Home Computer and like the fact that I can transfer and delete songs wirelesslly.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sky View Post
I also had the same issue but purchased it anyway hoping for a fix and there hasn't been one yet.

PowerAmp produces the best sound without tweeking the Eq or Bass/Treble setting's that I have hear so far. PowerAmp kept me from returning my SGP. Which now is my main device for just about everything.

I have WinAmp installed but never use it. I do however use the WinAmp on the Home Computer and like the fact that I can transfer and delete songs wirelesslly.
After reading your post i downloaded power amp free trial and almost lost my hearing.Damn that app is about 3x louder than all other music players,not even taking into account that volume spike problem.Wearing earbuds i was not ready to be blown across the room when volume spiked.
That is an awful dangerous problem.How long has the volume spike thing been going on?Its a damn shame because you are so right that the sound is stunning.Not sure if its just that its louder that it brings out so much detail but it is there.
I found the equalizer not as good as the huge one in ttpod app and liked the idea of bass and treble controls but wished it had a middle position and you could take treble brightness out which Im very sensitive to.Had no idea what the sterio x dial did or the tone bar.Lots of things to play with,in fact maybe too much.
Im going to uninstall it until I hear the volume spike has a fix and then i will try it again.Certainly worth 5 bucks if they make it safe.ears are still buzzing.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:04 PM

^^ are you talking about when you press a button, any button at all you get a spike? I have this problem with cloudskipper sometimes too but other than that and sometimes a few glitches in playback I now recommend cloudskipper as my new music player of choice

Old 01-10-2012, 01:10 PM

I haven't had any volume spikes with PowerAmp. What do I have to do make them happen?

Old 01-10-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowl View Post
I haven't had any volume spikes with PowerAmp. What do I have to do make them happen?
For me the volume increases at a steady rate till I hit about 55-60% volume then there is a steep drop off and the rest of the way up the volume scale it jumps between loud and medium volume levels with the exception of when it hits the volume where the regular player would give you the "listening above this level can damage your hearing" message it is completely silent like as if its muted, and you finally reach max volume is only a tiny bit louder then where it was before the volume scale goes all wonky.

I wish there was a fix for this as its the only music player I've found so far that has the "continuous play" feature, where when listening by album when the last song in an album finishes playing the next album starts automatically. Cubed, Zplayer, bTunes and TTpod do not do this.

Old 01-10-2012, 02:24 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I've been playing around with cubed for a few hours now. I'm loving it. I really want a music player that can edit my tags for me. I've been trying out various stand alone editor apps, without much luck. It would be awesome if cubed incorporated a tag editor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel644 View Post
I wish there was a fix for this as its the only music player I've found so far that has the "continuous play" feature, where when listening by album when the last song in an album finishes playing the next album starts automatically. Cubed, Zplayer, bTunes and TTpod do not do this.
Actually, cubed does this. Just turn off shuffle and repeat.

EDIT: I have a gripe with Cubed. It skips when the system is being taxed. I was installing two different apps while listening, and it skipped a few times. I still think this is the best one I've tried yet, though I love RockBox and will likely keep that on there in case Rasher ever starts doing his builds again, because there are a few bugs in it as of now.

Last edited by steinburger1109; 01-10-2012 at 05:31 PM.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinburger1109 View Post
I've been playing around with cubed for a few hours now. I'm loving it. I really want a music player that can edit my tags for me. I've been trying out various stand alone editor apps, without much luck. It would be awesome if cubed incorporated a tag editor...

Actually, cubed does this. Just turn off shuffle and repeat.

EDIT: I have a gripe with Cubed. It skips when the system is being taxed. I was installing two different apps while listening, and it skipped a few times. I still think this is the best one I've tried yet, though I love RockBox and will likely keep that on there in case Rasher ever starts doing his builds again, because there are a few bugs in it as of now.
Poweramp also has a built-in library scanner so it can still see your music even if your like me and use the .nomedia trick to stop the media scanning on every bootup, I do love the "Morph Flow" option of cubed just wish it would go left-right when in landscape, but will have to wait till I get home and get back to my usb cable so I can remove the .nomedia from my sd card so cubed can see my music, and try out what you said to get it to play like I want.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:36 PM

Does anyone know if power amp can be used on more than one device if you purchase the unlocked version.If i buy it i would also like to use it on future android tablet purchase.Do i have to buy it again to have it on a tablet?

Old 01-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I use the same license on a few different devices,...all that matters is if you sign into your Android Market acct w/the same email & password.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:35 PM

Thanks

Last edited by mattg3; 01-11-2012 at 07:53 AM.