android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy Player Series

Old 01-10-2012, 09:29 PM

I use this if i'm on my player: http://www.appbrain.com/app/itag-mus....infolife.itag (for tagging) otherwise I use Media Monkey. Yes, Cubed doesn't like to be taxed, which is why it's equalizer causes skipping.

Last edited by tcat; 01-10-2012 at 09:57 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-11-2012, 10:38 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat View Post
I use this if i'm on my player: http://www.appbrain.com/app/itag-mus....infolife.itag (for tagging) otherwise I use Media Monkey. Yes, Cubed doesn't like to be taxed, which is why it's equalizer causes skipping.
I tried that, but I disliked it. Thanks for the try.

Old 01-12-2012, 01:07 AM

Now that Steve's custom kernel has been made to work on the 4.0 US player. I can get voodoo control app installed and using its "map volume keys hack" I can now bypass the wonky volume issue of poweramp when using headphones. Also since 90% of my "headphone" use is going to the aux in on my car stereo, I can now leave my headphone volume maxed out and not have to turn the volume up everytime (5 times a day) that I climb into the car.

Old 01-13-2012, 02:38 AM

Still enjoying Rockbox. Album Art, gapless, OGG, FLAC, ALAC, customizable screen...

Old 01-13-2012, 07:46 AM

Will rockbox ever make it to android market?After trying them all Im about ready to spring for the paid version of Power Amp as best sounding of them all no matter how much other interfaces are better or volume control that is a little wild.Its all about the sound and this is in another league soundwise.
Yes i would like to try rockbox but dont have the skills to bring it in.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:42 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel644 View Post
Now that Steve's custom kernel has been made to work on the 4.0 US player. I can get voodoo control app installed and using its "map volume keys hack" I can now bypass the wonky volume issue of poweramp when using headphones. Also since 90% of my "headphone" use is going to the aux in on my car stereo, I can now leave my headphone volume maxed out and not have to turn the volume up everytime (5 times a day) that I climb into the car.
Open the eq, hit "Limit" on the lower left-hand side, volume issue in PowerAMP is gone. Just don't forget to reboot.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:50 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg3 View Post
Will rockbox ever make it to android market?After trying them all Im about ready to spring for the paid version of Power Amp as best sounding of them all no matter how much other interfaces are better or volume control that is a little wild.Its all about the sound and this is in another league soundwise.
Yes i would like to try rockbox but dont have the skills to bring it in.
It's not that challenging bud. Go to http://rasher.dk/rockbox/android/ and download the 480x800 one. Copy that .apk file onto your device, and navigate to it in "My Files." When you click on it, it will install and voila, you've got rockbox! You should also grab this cabbie v2 port or another theme (I've been using dfkt's minimum theme). IMO, any work you have to do is totally worth it.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Open the eq, hit "Limit" on the lower left-hand side, volume issue in PowerAMP is gone. Just don't forget to reboot.
My volume issue is NOT solved by turning limit off, in fact the sound quality degrades at high volume levels, for me limit must remain lit up.

Old 01-13-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
My volume issue is NOT solved by turning limit off, in fact the sound quality degrades at high volume levels, for me limit must remain lit up.
If the quality degrades at high volume levels then you're probably overdriving it. Turn the volume down.

Old 01-13-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinburger1109 View Post
It's not that challenging bud. Go to http://rasher.dk/rockbox/android/ and download the 480x800 one
On the main Rockbox site, the Android version is listed as an "unusable port".

Old 01-13-2012, 04:12 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowl View Post
There are quite a few people using it though.....I think that status basically means, advanced users only.

Old 01-13-2012, 04:59 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I meant to turn LIMIT on, not off. Besides, it sounds like your pushing it too hard and it's possibly clipping.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
I meant to turn LIMIT on, not off. Besides, it sounds like your pushing it too hard and it's possibly clipping.
first of all Limit was on by default when I first installed Poweramp, secondly I have ALWAYS (atleast 5 different players including 2 Archos 5's and a Samsung yp-p2) played thru my car stereo aux input with the player at MAX volume because that is what has to be done to get music level to match CD levels without pushing up the SLA of the headunit to much, and haven't ever had a player cause distortion like it did with LIMIT off so I turned it back on and its fine now, and I've been using this method of playback for like 8+ years so I don't have to carry CD's with me.

But it doesn't matter I solved the distortion by keeping limit on and with voodoo all setup I can get louder then before and still stay distortion free so I'm happy, and I was just putting it out there that Voodoo makes things better for those on the 4.0 where LIMIT on/off DOESN'T fix the audio issue.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:35 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
first of all Limit was on by default when I first installed Poweramp, secondly I have ALWAYS (atleast 5 different players including 2 Archos 5's and a Samsung yp-p2) played thru my car stereo aux input with the player at MAX volume because that is what has to be done to get music level to match CD levels without pushing up the SLA of the headunit to much, and haven't ever had a player cause distortion like it did with LIMIT off so I turned it back on and its fine now, and I've been using this method of playback for like 8+ years so I don't have to carry CD's with me.

But it doesn't matter I solved the distortion by keeping limit on and with voodoo all setup I can get louder then before and still stay distortion free so I'm happy, and I was just putting it out there that Voodoo makes things better for those on the 4.0 where LIMIT on/off DOESN'T fix the audio issue.
Hmm, ok, now go take a Valium. Sheesh,...

Old 01-14-2012, 12:51 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowl View Post
Honestly, I never looked. I just got the build from the links above. It works fine for me (ogg doesn't work, flac skips sometimes, mp3 works just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
There are quite a few people using it though.....I think that status basically means, advanced users only.
I'm not quite advanced, but I still use it with hardly any hiccups. I think without a theme (like cabbie v2 I linked) it would definitely be advanced users only.

Old 01-14-2012, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinburger1109 View Post
Honestly, I never looked. I just got the build from the links above. It works fine for me (ogg doesn't work, flac skips sometimes, mp3 works just fine.

I'm not quite advanced, but I still use it with hardly any hiccups. I think without a theme (like cabbie v2 I linked) it would definitely be advanced users only.
any chance of some screen shots, i've seen some youtube videos of rockbox on some other players but I always thought it looked kinda crappy, whats it look like on this?

Old 01-14-2012, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg3 View Post
Discovered Songbird today and love it.Simple and sounds great.Now with three music apps(Cubed,TTPOD and Songbird)Its time to find out which one sounds the best and say goodby to the rest.
I tried cubed, Mixzing, Poweramp, Winamp, Jukefox, and the default (Samsung) player before settling on Songbird. I had to get a third party app to get Last.FM scrobbling to work properly, but it's the best one I've tried so far. I like the Samsung default's lock screen controls better, and I wish Songbird could fetch album art over Wifi... It's not perfect, but it's my favorite so far.

As for "improving sound", ditching the pack-in white earbuds is job 1. Unfortunately I don't have any other advice for that.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:16 AM

Do you have to root your player to get Rockbox?Im also curious as to what it has to offer over other players that have been mentioned?Is it better sound quality than other music apps?Poweramp is pretty amazing when you compare it to other apps on sound quality alone.so much detail and fullness.
I also loved songbird and almost stayed with it until I did some direct comparisons between songs played on Poweramp and songbird.With the latter it sounded like the music was playing off in the distance compared to the in your face quality of poweramp.I suppose it depends on your preference.Ive kept both on my player since i love the artist picture feature that songbird has.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:47 PM

In my opinion Neutron music player has wonderful sound with 32-bit audio decoding/processing for high quality HD audio!
There is evalutation version too.
Sound good but ugly UI!

Old 01-14-2012, 05:03 PM

Took a look at Neutron for a few hours today.It is very complicated but has potential.I have 8gs of music on my player with all album art in place but this app only displayed one!Sound was good but power Amp still the best in direct song comparison.
Lots of settings you need a background in sound engineering to figure out but are fun to play with.If it were a free app i would have kept it.