android
Old 12-14-2011, 08:43 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Default Real life battery times?

I haven't seen any measurements of how much battery life people actually get with these. I see a lot of people saying it's good, a lot saying it's bad, but no specifics. Anyone got some numbers out there?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-14-2011, 10:04 PM

The 5.0 --> over eight hours, minimal brightness, mix of internet, Rockbox, some video, some YouTube. No games.

I'm happy with the battery life.

Old 12-14-2011, 10:50 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Cool, good to hear. Eight hours will do just fine for me.

Old 12-14-2011, 10:59 PM

Not doing much at all, 2 days. Messing with apps a couple hours, checking email a few times, trying Nav out an hour. What it does do is extend cell phone life! My Optimus went from 2 days to 6 days without a charge now that I do most everything with the SGP5!

Old 12-15-2011, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinburger1109 View Post
I haven't seen any measurements of how much battery life people actually get with these. I see a lot of people saying it's good, a lot saying it's bad, but no specifics. Anyone got some numbers out there?
I can't say too much on this but the battery last alot longer than any other player sans Sony players. I can have the player run well over 12+hrs a day and still have more than half battery life. To me it is damn good consider it is a Android device.

Old 12-16-2011, 01:30 AM

On my 4.0, screen only on to change tracks, I can go a 10-12 hour day with about 1.5 hours of that playing music at FULL volume playing thru PowerAMP and use about 11-12% sometimes a little more if the screen is on more I'm at 2 days like that plus about 30-45 minutes of screen on and wifi browseing the app market testing different camera apps and am sitting at 72% charge. the One thing I can say for certain DO NOT install setCPU it will suck battery with the screen off like as if you had everything running.

Old 12-16-2011, 01:55 AM

I find I charge my 4.0 once a day. I'm not exactly sure how much time I spend in front of it but I mainly use it for listening to audio podcasts (both live-streamed and downloaded) checking mail, light web browsing (no flash), newsfeed reading and the occasional YouTube clip. There is some gaming but usually nothing too demanding (Tetris, titles via ScummVM) unless I'm feeling particularly masochistic <glares at Wind Up Knight>.

Old 12-16-2011, 02:47 AM

My 5.0 has been doing really well, even with a lot of WiFi use and playing games and general messing around with it, it usually lasts all day. Sometimes I get two days out of it if I'm not doing that much. I do keep my screen on the dimmer side, but that's comfortable for me and I also don't have any live wallpapers running. I'm pretty happy with it!

Old 12-16-2011, 02:59 AM

with my 4.0 i find 30% brightness to be plenty. but definitely turn off the auto-brightness thing, it totally sucks. 30 is good in a lit room and also good for a dark room, can't speak for outside as the only daytime use it has gotten so far is inside a car with just quick glance to see the track forward button.

Old 12-16-2011, 03:18 PM

Just listening to music at work: four days, probably 30 hours. About 25% of that are FLAC files.