android
Old 12-16-2011, 12:34 PM

Default galaxy player 5.0 - things that dont work

hello everyone,

i recently purchased two galaxy player 5.0 's and I love them but I am having difficulty getting two things to work. The FM radio wont power on and keeps saying "earphones not connected" even after i connected it. Also my gps can never seem to find my location unless the wireless location service is turned on but im actually trying to use it as my main navigation device. I know there are programs out there e.g. copilot, sygic, etc but how would they work if my gps isnt catching a signal? Any answers would be helpful and greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-16-2011, 01:35 PM

Make sure you are outdoors for GPS. You might download "GPS Test" and it will show you when/if satellites are locked. Make sure you have "use wireless" and "use GPS" checked under settings/location & security. GPS will work without wifi, but Google NAV will not. You need an offline app (like Navfree) to get GPS to work with a NAV app.

Make sure the earbuds are plugged all the way in, FM should work if pushed all the way in.

Old 12-16-2011, 01:47 PM

Try cleaning the earbud's plug (alcohol, contact cleaner), I find that the 5.0 jack is sensitive to making a good electrical contact for enabling FM.

Old 12-17-2011, 09:38 AM

Also, several folks have noted that the ear bud jack is often very stiff at first, especially that last 1/2 millimeter or so, be sure you have it fully inserted. As for GPS, I have one of the units that shipped with Froyo, but I flashed it to Gingerbread. This dramatically improved GPS acquisition, though there were a few negatives as well. If you are on Froyo and GPS is a high priority, you might want to transition to Gingerbread.