android
Old 04-08-2014, 03:41 PM

Default Iriver clix2 brick after battery change

Someone mentioned in the classified section their Clix2 bricked after installing a new battery. Why would this occur.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-08-2014, 05:20 PM
Administrator

Without being familiar with the device and the skill level of the person that changed the battery there's no way to know. The list of things that could go wrong is long enough to make anything someone might say a guess.

It could be they did it wrong. It's easy to damage small electronics when you work on them. They're most often glued or taped together in ways that aren't obvious. That makes it easy to damage them as you try to discover how to get them apart.

It could also be the replacement battery was no good. If it's not an exact match or is old and completely discharged when you install it the DAP won't boot.

The internals could be brittle or poorly soldered. I've come across small electronics that were only working because the case was holding everything in place. They literally fell apart as I opened the case.

Ive had enough bad experiences trying to fix old DAPs I won't try it unless I make the person I'm doing it for fully aware that it's very possible I'll make things worse instead of better. I usually tell them it's better to just get something new and not try to fix something that wasn't meant to be fixed without the capabilities and expertise of the manufacturer.

Old 04-09-2014, 05:17 AM

Skip is correct..
there are MANY things that could go Wrong, and I wont even mention HOW a Audio output could fail..
MANY electronics are DESIGNED to fail if you open them..1 little Wire for security.
IOf the person did any Soldering inside..MANY solder points will go POOF..there is ALOT of fun inside..but you REALLY have to be careful.
If My SANSA fails, I will get a Battery pack and GLUE it to the back..Why deal with LOW power when I can get 3000+mah..and have it Play for days..

Old 04-09-2014, 06:33 PM

Thanks for the info guys. I found this place that sells Iriver Clix2 batteries as well as installation.

http://www.pdasmart.com/pda-battery-...ery_center.htm

Old 04-10-2014, 04:10 AM

be brave..there is a strange thing I do on sites..
Look at those emblems/sigils/ on the right side..
I wonder if they should be linked?
I know 1 of those companies..I would check wth them first.