android
Old 12-22-2011, 09:02 PM

Default After updating wifi 4.0 via kies player no longer recognized

After updating my 4.0 player (XSH model) via kies from 2.2.1 to 2.3.5, kies no longer recognises the device.
The upgrade seemed to go ok, device is working fine but kies says it can't recognise it and will no longer connect.
Any one got any ideas?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-22-2011, 11:09 PM

Hi,

Are you using the original Touchwiz as your default launcher, or are you using something else, e.g., LauncherPro? If so, try clearing the default launcher, and setting Touchwiz as the default launcher. I had to do that with my SGP5, in order to get Kies to connect to the SGP5.

Jim

Old 12-23-2011, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgprice View Post
After updating my 4.0 player (XSH model) via kies from 2.2.1 to 2.3.5, kies no longer recognises the device.
The upgrade seemed to go ok, device is working fine but kies says it can't recognise it and will no longer connect.
Any one got any ideas?

Did it update your player or was Kies updated? I have not had luck with Kies after it told me that there was an update for it and I followed through with it.

Old 12-23-2011, 04:52 PM

After installing the latest version of kies, it told me their was a firmware update available. After installing the new firmware update the player had been updated fron 2.2.1 tp 2.3.5 but kies will now no longer recognize it.

After playing around with the player to check everything was working ok after the update I noticed that under; settings/wifi/usb their is a "kies mode" now, this option was not in 2.2.1. I am hoping that setting the usb to kies mode will again allow kies to recognise the player again, when I reboot my computer back into windows I will try this out.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:45 PM

Default Solved

Switching the player to kies mode, kies now recognises my player, all is good.

Just to wrap up, after updating my player XSH (hong kong) model from 2.2.1 to 2.3.5 via kies, kies would no longer recognise my player.

In 2.3.5 their is a new option under: settings/wirless & networks/usb
It has 3 options: kies mode, mass storage, and media player. I'm sure this was not in 2.2.1 and after setting the usb mode to "kies mode" my player is again recognised.