android
Old 12-31-2011, 03:43 AM

Default Any way to install minilyrics yet on the zip clip?

That will be a cool feature to have,hope it can be possible sometime.

Last edited by anthony7; 12-31-2011 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Duplicate posts deleted, this one moved to the appropriate subforum, please don't multipost

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-31-2011, 03:48 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Never heard of minilyrics, but google says it works with our lyrics plugin.

Edit: Oh thought this was in the rockbox subforum. No idea about the sandisk firmware.

Old 12-31-2011, 05:28 PM

I believe it is in the rockbox forum.And I'm asking if it could be possible to work with the zip clip rockbox software? I think it does work with clip+, I've seen videos, hope it could also work with the zip.

Old 12-31-2011, 05:31 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony7 View Post
I believe it is in the rockbox forum.And I'm asking if it could be possible to work with the zip clip rockbox software? I think it does work with clip+, I've seen videos, hope it could also work with the zip.
Nope, not in the Rockbox forum. Hopefully a moderator will move it for you.

In the interim, you could add the word Rockbox to the title.

Steve

Old 12-31-2011, 05:36 PM
Off-Topic Moderator

Thread moved to appropriate forum.

Old 12-31-2011, 06:35 PM
Administrator

If you wanted it here why did you spam it into 3 other subforums so I needed to delete them?

The answer is it should. Any of the Rockbox plugins should work on a port that has them active. The Clip Zip and Clip+ plugins are the same.

Old 01-01-2012, 03:26 AM

Didn't mean to spam it,what do i get out of it?. New to this,I tought i had post it on the right forum.Yeah skip,found out about a plugin called sncviewer which it says its design for viewing synchronised lyrics on player screen. Minilyrics is for mediaplayers i have it currently on mediamonkey its cool. I will try to install this sncviewer,anybody tried it?,How do you install the plugins.When I click on it all i get is a text file.

Old 01-01-2012, 07:08 AM
Administrator

The only current lyrics plugin I know is the Lrcplayer. That's part of the plugins the included in the standard installation Rockbox so it doesn't need to be installed, just used according to the directions in the manual. I don't ordinarily use lyrics but when I tested it some a some months ago it worked well.

I used MusicBee to embed the lyrics into the tags and also as plain text files following the setup in the manual. I tried the using foo_uie_lyrics3 component for foobar2000 but it crashed a lot. It tagged lyrics so they displayed properly but made foobar2000 unstable so I dumped the lyrics3 component.

About the only way I know for you find out if it works for you will be to try it. If your lyrics source embeds the tags in the files or creates any of the files the Lrcplayer plugin uses it should.

Edit:

I just tried it the same as I did on the Fuze on the Clip Zip and it worked the same. Whether I embedded the lyrics or created a text file following the format in the link to the manual in this post the lyrics were visible. The voice/lyrics synchronization was off a bit but I'm not going to fiddle with that. When I used synchronized lyrics before on the Fuze the sync was dead on. I guess that if you spend some time setting it up you should be able to get some decent results.

Last edited by skip252; 01-01-2012 at 02:16 PM.

Old 01-01-2012, 10:15 PM

I'll see if minilyrics that I use with mediamonkey embedds the lyrics within the mp3 file and than I'll try it with the lrcplayer plugin.If not working I'll will try your option MusicBee to embed the lyrics into the tags.But its nice to know that you tried it your way with the zip clip and it worked.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:27 PM

Minilyrics does embedds lyrics into mp3 files and they were able to play and display the lyrics with the lrcplayer plugin on the zip clip,so thats good enough for me,though minilyrics wasn't able to embed some lyrics to some mp3's,eventough it did downloaded the songs lyrics for those songs,I need to check that out,to see whats goin on.