android
Old 12-24-2011, 04:17 PM

Default nwz-e454 problems

Hey,

I was the proud owner of a sony nwz-a826 with 4gb. It worked fine, but started to fall appart, so i got an upgrade: nwz-e454 with 8gb.
They are very similar, except for some severe rawbacks the e454 has:

1) i have a lot of mp3 songs in a folder, they are displayed like this:

title 01
3:11
title 02
4:31
title 03
1:23

the player has to read the length of the song before displaying it and when there are a lot of songs, this may take up to 3 seconds, during which i can only stare at an empty screen.
Additionally, i would prefer to not see the length at all, and to have twice as many song titles instead.
Can i change that setting somewhere?

2)
when i am on the home screen, the nwz-a826 would offer me a menu when pressing the "optino" button; the default menu item would be "go to current playback". The new player doesnt offer any menu and i have to manually navigate to the screen item.
When i select a song and press the "option" key, i get a mneu with two options: "add to bookmark" and "got to playback". the first one is the default, to reach the second item i have to press the ">" button.
WHY? i mean, which option am i going to use more often?!?

3)
why doesnt it offer a shuffle option at the home screen? Why do i have to
goto music->all songs->play->change mode->shuffle when i just want to listen to a random song from my walkman??

4)
when a song is playing, i can see the playback bar + time only for a few seconds, before the album cover picture expands over it, EVEN IF THERE IS NO COVER PCTURE! wtf?? How can i turn this off?

5)
when i play a song and press the "down" button, i am presented with a list of album covers. However, the actual name of the album is not displayed, nad if i dont have album pictures, i cannot navigate at all, because it looks all the freaking same.
I dont care about covers, i JUST want to see the name of the album please...:/

the old nwz-a826 had none of the above problems. In other words, sony engineers took a fine piece of technology and made less user-friendly. Not cool.

A generic question: the walkman gets displayed in the windows explorer as a special walkman device. Can i somehow make it appear like a "normal" usb stick?

thanks for your answer and merry christmas!

ac.

p.s. is there some sort of official sony forum where i can complain?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-24-2011, 04:27 PM

due to all these problems i recommend getting a new player like the walkman NWZ-s545 is a fantastic walkman or just go all out buy there top touch screen model.

Old 12-24-2011, 04:31 PM

well, i just bought this one...
and it`s supposed to be an upgrade, so i dont see why it`s so shit

Old 12-24-2011, 07:13 PM

Sony does turn out a quality product but many a time i have to to fix and sometimes fail at fixing their devices. With them its either really good or really bad!! Sansa has some good low cost players that should work for your needs much cheaper!

Old 12-24-2011, 10:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmcoder View Post
well, i just bought this one...
and it`s supposed to be an upgrade, so i dont see why it`s so shit
Perhaps somebody more in the know with Sony models can comment, but I thought that the E-series players were the Economy players, and that the A-series players would be much better. IE A826 probably better player than E454, even though A826 older.

Steve