android
Old 10-23-2012, 12:07 PM

Arrow Right Soap under screen, ideas to clean?

I need advice, my galaxy 4.0 went into the washing machine & soaked for about 10 minutes, then I remembered in was in my pocket. I pulled it out, pulled the battery, took it apart, ran a hair dryer around it for 10 min. Then left it to dry for about 2 days. Thank goodness it works, everything works, and it smells nice and fresh! But, the screen is all blotchy, I can see the glue streaks now under the screen, it gives everything a weird 3D effect because of the perspective, and kinda messes with your eyes after awhile, which try to focus between the shadows and text on the screen. I was thinking either soaking it again in plain water, maybe windex, just the screen portion hoping its just soap residue and it will clear. I dread trying to peel the screens apart unless someone can re-assure me its not that bad. I had read screens like this are glued together and you can break it trying to pull it apart. Any advice on what to do? The pictures show exactly what is going on. Thanks for any advice.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-23-2012, 05:31 PM

maybe give it some more time and it will go away.can you press down on the screen and get the residue to move?

Old 10-23-2012, 06:27 PM

Do not peel the screen.
Do not use Windex.
Do use a slightly damp cloth to clean the top surface and make sure the problem isn't there.

The best thing to do is just leave it alone and live with it. It may get better with time. If you take any aggressive actions, it will harm things more. You could put it somewhere warm, very gently warm, overnight. I suggest laying it on top of your modem or computer. A hair dryer is pretty risky to me.

Steve

Tags
galaxy player 4.0, screen repair, soap, water damage