android
Old 01-10-2012, 02:33 PM

Default Battery Monitor Apps

Is it possible that the SGP 5 cannot show battery usage in increments other than 5%? I have tried two battery monitors and both decrease in 5% increments - even though the app websites show images of the apps reading 91%, 78% - you know what I mean. It is hard to gauge what is happening with the battery if it jumps by 5s when likely it is actually between.

Any apps that have worked well - showing 1% increments of decrease?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-10-2012, 02:39 PM
Off-Topic Moderator

My opinion: Do not use any of the apps that claim they can save on battery use. I tried juice defender on my Samsung Galaxy S phone and it provided worse battery performance than without using it. I "saved" battery juice by uninstalling the app.

Old 01-10-2012, 02:40 PM

I find that mV values seem to be more accurate than % values; I use Batt Mon Widget. I don't think any will do less than 5% since they all pull data from the system. You'd think after 1 cycle that could estimate 1% increments. Even if it could, they don't seem correct anyway... just wait until your display dims, then you know it's time to charge... I don't think you can do 1%, even rooted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1776 View Post
Is it possible that the SGP 5 cannot show battery usage in increments other than 5%? I have tried two battery monitors and both decrease in 5% increments - even though the app websites show images of the apps reading 91%, 78% - you know what I mean. It is hard to gauge what is happening with the battery if it jumps by 5s when likely it is actually between.

Any apps that have worked well - showing 1% increments of decrease?

Old 01-10-2012, 06:09 PM

I use an app called Battery Booster on my 4.0 and it gives me 1% increments, maybe one of you 5.0 owners can try it and see, also it doesn't suck down power like juice defender and setCPU (holy crap, that thing pulled power like I was streaming a netflix video when my player was idle with the screen off)

Old 01-10-2012, 06:48 PM

I'm trying it now, but I can tell I'm not going to like it, even if it does 1% (which I doubt). Played AB for 30 minutes, both say 100% still (and has for the past 4 hours). We'll see if they both drop the same soon (I hope). This app is WAY to ad oriented, I see they removed airpush ads (or I wouldn't have even tried it), but they have "smut" ads across the bottom.

Speaking of Angry Birds... I've played this for a year and just now figured out if you tap the screen after you fire, you get 3 "missles"... wow, this big screen is good for something! Sure makes it easier!

edit: Decided to power cycle to knock % off 100%. Dropped to 75%... system and monitor both dropped the same. No 1% increments.
Example of wacky percentages (5+ hours at 100% playing AB and a bunch of other stuff):

Last edited by tcat; 01-10-2012 at 09:58 PM.

Old 02-13-2012, 03:15 PM

Any updates on an app or widget that will show decreases in 1% instead of the 5% levels and doesn't show intrusive ads or draw alot of power?

Old 02-13-2012, 07:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

None that I've seen. Just out of curiosity, what do people want 1% increments for? It's already not all that accurate, and that could only make it more inaccurate.

Old 02-13-2012, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinburger1109 View Post
None that I've seen. Just out of curiosity, what do people want 1% increments for? It's already not all that accurate, and that could only make it more inaccurate.
If i choose to run a battery app then it's my preference to have it this way. I have found "images" from my latest app that say "15, 20, 25, etc" so maybe it's just a matter of supplying "more" images like "16, 17, 18, 19, 21, etc" for it to work

Old 02-13-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murph View Post
Any updates on an app or widget that will show decreases in 1% instead of the 5% levels and doesn't show intrusive ads or draw alot of power?
I use an app called Beautiful Widgets on my SGP 4.0. It has a battery widget with 1% increments.