Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2012, 09:43 PM
Default Samsung Email Support Page - No support for SGP series

I went on line last night to try and get answers to my questions about this device. This is the page:

I clicked the 'email support' button, and got the 'Email Product Support' form thus:

There is no support for product group 'mobile'. Consequently, you cannot choose 'mp3 player' for 'product type', nor 'galaxy' for 'product sub-type, etc. I spent about 20 minutes on support chat trying to explain that there was no way for me to get support for the SGP through the form. The rep was very courteous and apologetic. He suggested that I choose any of the phones and just explain the situation and they would forward it to the right department.

The product has been out for quite a while now. It's enough that it's entirely marginalized by the media... I get the opinion that even Samsung's own people are giving the device sub-category short shrift, all because it's not a phone.

Frankly, I think it's one of the best devices available for android. It's got more capabilities than any ipod. This device truly fits the anything-but-ipod meme.

I wish Samsung would get their collective stuff together and make an option for product support in the form for SGP's.
Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0
Gingerbread 2.3.5

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]