android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy Player Series

Old 01-23-2012, 01:43 PM

Default POP Email on my Samsung: Randomly retrieves previously read email as "Unread"

Strange problem.
SGP 5.0
Using the stock email reader for my own POP account. Stock Email reader will randomly retrieve emails that have been previously read and add them as" Unread". It's pretty annoying. Let's say on my POP account there are 50 previously read emails. I can open Email on my mobile device and see that there are no new emails, only previously read email. Then, for some unknown reason, maybe later that day, maybe the next day, Android will pull 2,3, 4 or maybe 25 of the previously-read emails on my POP account and display them brilliant white/Unread. The ""email counter" on the launch icon displays "20" or "25" instead of none. I have to manually go in to the email reader, check each one, and mark it again as Unread. This is getting tiring. Anyone know what causes this?

Also, when I delete an email off my device, it does not delete it from the actual POP account. If I go back to my PC and check the account, the email is still there. Is this just inherent to POP email?

I'd really appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]