android
Old 01-25-2012, 12:17 PM

Default WoooooW got the SMP 5.0! (need some info! plz)

I finally got the SMP 5.0 today not used it much, just wanted to post about it here

i need some help in checking it becoz i've only got 7 days checking warranty (and 1 year as well but for that i'll have to bear the shipping charges). anyways, could you people plz let me know what are the basic things which need to be checked? So, i can check them till i've the warranty

thanks & regards

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-25-2012, 03:09 PM

Basic checking - the screen is bright and clear - no scratches, no lost pixels, it connects to wifi as soon as you indicate the wifi connection to connect to - and then after that when you turn it on and off (not just from sleep but completely off and then on - it reconnects to that same wifi connection when you are in the same location, bluetooth works, gps works (you may need to go outside to check this), screens scroll smoothly, apps open, you can connect to Android apps and download, video plays, audio plays, plug in the headphone and make sure that you can hear audio, use the voice search to make sure the microphone on the SGP and also on the headphones that came with it works, plug in the USB plug to the SGP and your computer and make sure that you can make a connection, put a micro sd card in to make sure it is recognized - even if you won't be using that particular card, it is good to test this before buying a dedicated micro SD card. . There is not much else to check - of course, things can go wrong over time but if it is working right now, it should keep working.

I hope that you followed the directions and charged it fully before using it for the first time - this has a lot to do it seems with how the battery behaviors after. Go through a few discharge and recharge cycles and make sure the battery is charging properly.

There is a complete manual online at the Samsung website for download.

Beyond that use it and enjoy it!

Old 01-26-2012, 06:14 AM

Read the user guide, charge it fully, install your favorite apps and enjoy.
Congrats on your purchase.
Enjoy !

Old 01-26-2012, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1776 View Post
Basic checking - the screen is bright and clear - no scratches, no lost pixels, it connects to wifi as soon as you indicate the wifi connection to connect to - and then after that when you turn it on and off (not just from sleep but completely off and then on - it reconnects to that same wifi connection when you are in the same location, bluetooth works, gps works (you may need to go outside to check this), screens scroll smoothly, apps open, you can connect to Android apps and download, video plays, audio plays, plug in the headphone and make sure that you can hear audio, use the voice search to make sure the microphone on the SGP and also on the headphones that came with it works, plug in the USB plug to the SGP and your computer and make sure that you can make a connection, put a micro sd card in to make sure it is recognized - even if you won't be using that particular card, it is good to test this before buying a dedicated micro SD card. . There is not much else to check - of course, things can go wrong over time but if it is working right now, it should keep working.

I hope that you followed the directions and charged it fully before using it for the first time - this has a lot to do it seems with how the battery behaviors after. Go through a few discharge and recharge cycles and make sure the battery is charging properly.

There is a complete manual online at the Samsung website for download.

Beyond that use it and enjoy it!

WOW..thanks a lot for this. i'll definitely check all of these things!

Old 01-26-2012, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Winters View Post
Read the user guide, charge it fully, install your favorite apps and enjoy.
Congrats on your purchase.
Enjoy !

Thanks

Old 01-26-2012, 07:14 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Have fun bro,...it's going to be your favorite across the board.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:43 AM

^ yup, loving it, till now