android
Old 01-25-2012, 07:44 PM

Default Headphone Jack Issues

Hi,

I received my YP-G70 (US 5.0 Version) in the mail today and I'm loving it so far. The only problem I have with it is that sound won't go through my headphones unless I have the plug in a "sweet zone." The plug can't be all the way inside of the jack or else there is no sound from the speakers and headphones. However, if I pull out the plug then put it in part of the way, the sound works. I should probably note I am using headphones that have a standard 3.5 mm plug (the included headphones have the same issue)

Does anyone else have this problem? How would I fix it? Do I have to send this back?

Thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-25-2012, 07:51 PM

Send it back,its defective.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:52 PM

Iíve only heard of this happening when trying to use a TRRS connector on a device that does not accept them. The TRRS connector is the kind that has 3 insulation rings typically used when IEMs/headphones have microphone and/or control button. If both the included buds and one you are using are the standard TRS dual ring stereo connector then you definitely have an issue and I would send it back. You can read about 3.5mm jacks here.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 01-25-2012, 09:52 PM

This is what worries me. I really want to buy a Galaxy player, but I've already had two Samsung players (YP-T8Z and YP-P2) that suffered from the deadphone jack problem after less than two years of use. I would definitely send it back if I were you. Both of my previous players started having problems right after the warranty expired, so I didn't have that option. I hope you just got a defective device and this isn't going to be a widespread problem with these players.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:07 PM

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I contact Samsung and they told me to send it back. Since it's a day old, warranty will kick in, no problem.

EDIT: mods, you can lock this thread if you want.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozymand1as View Post
... EDIT: mods, you can lock this thread if you want.
No need to close, others might want to comment or ask questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2ition View Post
This is what worries me. ...
If you've had this problem before with 2 other players it could be how often you plug and unplug phones in, if it's a common problem for you, you should use one of these short headphone extension cable.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:23 PM

I found the first time that I put in the headphones that they have to be pushed fully in and if you have a case on your SGP make sure it is not holding the plug from going in all the way.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post

If you've had this problem before with 2 other players it could be how often you plug and unplug phones in, if it's a common problem for you, you should use one of these short headphone extension cable.

I don't know. I only used one set of headphones with my players, so I rarely took them out. Also I have a cheapie player that I've had for well over five years and never had that problem. It was definitely a common problem with the P2 as I heard of a lot of people online and even on this site who had the same problem, but since this is the first I've heard with the Galaxy Player it's probably not an issue. I might invest in one of those adapters just in case though.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:02 PM

Quote:
I don't know. ... never had that problem. ...
Iím confused, didnít you state:

Quote:
... I've already had two Samsung players (YP-T8Z and YP-P2) that suffered from the deadphone jack problem ...

Old 01-26-2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
Iím confused, didnít you state:
What I meant by stating "Also I have a cheapie player that I've had for well over five years and never had that problem" was that I never had the headphone jack problem with my $15 dollar wal-mart mp3 player. I've only had the problem with the two Samsung players I mentioned. I'm not sure what makes the difference. I think I might purchase the adaptor thing you suggested and hopefully that will prevent the problem in the future. Sorry if I wasn't clear.