android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy Player Series

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2012, 09:33 PM

Default Control what apps persist without rooting - any apps for this?

I notice that there are a lot of things running in the background all the time just taking up space in memory. Why do all the app stores/markets persist even after you close them? Appbrain, android market and amazon market all seem to want to stay alive even after you close them. Pulse and Pandora want nothing better than to stick around, even when I don't need them running. There must be 10 or more apps that just stick around for no reason. I'm not using them, now, but I'd like to have them available when I would like access to them. When I look at the items-currently-running list, they stay there and don't go away even if I kill them.

I am not confident enough to root the phone at this time, but I really would like to have better control over what services persist. Sure, k-9 and skype should persist, but app markets?

The above image shows a few of the apps that returned after clicking 'close all programs'. When the device first starts up, even more end up in the list of running apps.

I'd like to see an actual exit button on the menu for all apps, similar to what dolphin has. It's the only app I know of that actually has an exit button. (See image below.) I'd like to have the option to fully close any specific app from some place on the device, giving me control over what apps are functioning and when. What options might be out there for someone like me?

Last edited by greenman; 01-26-2012 at 09:41 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]