android
Old 03-04-2011, 09:59 PM

Default Working Market hack (requires adb and root)

I wrote up instructions over at iAudiophile, but wanted to pass it on....

Link: http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38802

It's not an easy hack - requires the device to be rooted and you need adb (from the Android SDK) configured. Sorry about that, but right now it's the only way I know how to do it.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-13-2011, 09:54 AM

Great job, Roebeet, posted to the front page: http://anythingbutipod.com/2011/03/a...-the-cowon-d3/ ...better late than never. I totally missed this thread. Makes me wonder why nobody replied yet?

Old 03-14-2011, 09:00 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Looks like you made all the tech sites, Roebeet. Nice the way everyone copies news like this.

Old 03-14-2011, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
Looks like you made all the tech sites, Roebeet. Nice the way everyone copies news like this.
Yeah I just did a Google search for "Cowon D3 Market". It's like they all copy off one another. Bizarre.

EDIT: A comment on the app issues, btw. Unfortunately what was mentioned is very true - Telechips CPU has issues with apps like the original Angry Birds, it's not as speedy as a Cortex-based CPU, and the free RAM on this thing is smaller than expected. For that last part, I'm pretty sure it's the Telechips infrastructure as my SmartQ R10 device has the same issues with low RAM.

The good news is that Telechips has offered a Froyo solution since late last year. Cowon could conceivably upgrade to at least Froyo, which might help. If they are willing to put in the resources to do that.

Last edited by roebeet; 03-14-2011 at 09:51 PM.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:35 AM

thanks! works great...found it difficult to root the device at first but eventually got it going after a hard reset and all that...but other than that, it works great and i've been downloading away at the marketplace =)

Old 03-07-2012, 07:55 AM

Default the device to be rooted and you need adb (from the Android SDK)

Hello,

Thank you for that topic, but could you explain how to do root the device with adb (what is adb from the android sks?) and how to configured it? I search a lot on internet but I never found how to do it.
Thanks for your help.