android
Old 02-06-2012, 10:33 AM

Default Wifi problems with YP-GB70

I have the Korean version of the 5.0. At home, I can get wifi through my router, but the problem lies with wifi from other sources. I can't connect to free, open wifi networks. I can see them and it'll say that it's connected but can't load a single webpage, but I take out a different device and it can get the wifi fine. I've tried testing it with Google Wifi and wifi on the train so far and won't open a signle webpage. My ASUS transformer picks it up fine (writing this on the train wifi right now on my transformer).

Anyone know what the problem is? I've hit "forget network" and turn the device all the way off and back on, but still doesn't work. I have yet to test it with my school's wifi, but will in about 1/2 hour.

Anyone know of a solution?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-06-2012, 12:57 PM

No personal experience here. But someone on one of the threads said that they had a similar problem. They said that the open free networks required that the SGP NOT be set to a fixed IP address while using the fixed IP usually works better on you home network. You might try that.

Old 02-06-2012, 01:32 PM

Yup, check Settings > Wireless and Network > WiFi Settings > Menu Advanced > IP Settings > "Use static IP" should be unchecked.

For some reason I have to run a Static IP on both of my home routers with the SGP5, so when I go out and use a "Open" access point I have to disable the Static IP first and let the AP assign a Dynamic IP. This may or may not be your issue, but as skwatch said, "You might try that".

Good Luck

George

Old 02-06-2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeP1111 View Post
Yup, check Settings > Wireless and Network > WiFi Settings > Menu Advanced > IP Settings > "Use static IP" should be unchecked.

For some reason I have to run a Static IP on both of my home routers with the SGP5, so when I go out and use a "Open" access point I have to disable the Static IP first and let the AP assign a Dynamic IP. This may or may not be your issue, but as skwatch said, "You might try that".

Good Luck

George
Worked immediately. Thank you!