android
Old 02-08-2012, 03:03 PM

Default Can't set WPS theme

I'm trying to set a theme on my newly rockbox'd Clip Zip, but the WPS screen doesn't seem to change - it just keeps the "default" rockbox skin.

I can't work out what I'm doing wrong. I've had a look at the manual but no luck.

I'm trying to set the DFKT Minimum FSAA theme with the Clock Zip WPS if it makes any difference (though I can't get it to work with the DFKT WPS either).

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-08-2012, 03:08 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stso View Post
I'm trying to set a theme on my newly rockbox'd Clip Zip, but the WPS screen doesn't seem to change - it just keeps the "default" rockbox skin.
This is a good example of how not to ask a question. You need to give some explanation of what you're doing and whats happening. How are you trying to change the theme? What happens why you try? Is there an error message?

Old 02-08-2012, 03:14 PM

Thank you for the quick response.

I'm trying to set a theme in the Theme Settings menu. I go to "Browse Themes" and select the desired theme and I get the "Settings Loaded" message.

I've tried setting the theme under "Base Skin" and "While Playing" as well.

The theme appears to be set throughout the menus, but the Now Playing screen, Radio and Recording screens just seem to have the default rockbox theme (black and white with the two bars at the bottom).

Old 02-08-2012, 04:12 PM

It probably means that there's something wrong with the theme when you copied it over to you player ... if Rockbox finds an error it just reverts to the default skin.

Are you sure you copied all of the files into your root? I'd try downloading the themes again, copying them into the root .rockbox folder on you clip zip, turning the player off and on again, then trying to set the themes you want.

Old 02-08-2012, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCD1975 View Post
It probably means that there's something wrong with the theme when you copied it over to you player ... if Rockbox finds an error it just reverts to the default skin.

Are you sure you copied all of the files into your root? I'd try downloading the themes again, copying them into the root .rockbox folder on you clip zip, turning the player off and on again, then trying to set the themes you want.
Thanks, I re-downloaded the theme and extracted the zip folder straight into the root of the Clip Zip - unfortunately still no luck.

I'm running a current build downloaded today if this may make any difference.

EDIT: I've now tried each theme on the Rockbox site with no luck, so perhaps a reinstall of Rockbox is in order.

Last edited by stso; 02-08-2012 at 05:46 PM.

Old 02-09-2012, 01:33 AM

Same problem here, I just used Rockbox Utility 1.2.12 and after changing themes, menus colors and icons change, but WPS screen doesn't.

Old 02-09-2012, 01:57 AM

Same here. Even re-installing rock does not help.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:13 AM

Interesting that I'm not the only one having this issue. Perhaps there's something about the WPS that has changed on the latest current build?

Is there a recommended patched build that we could try?

Old 02-09-2012, 11:06 AM

same here.
latest RB + new custom theme = no fun (no album art while playing song)

Old 02-10-2012, 03:06 AM

same here .. so the bandwagon is getting full

Old 02-23-2012, 03:07 PM

There was a bug in the nightly builds from 2/7 until 2/13 that broke some themes. It is fixed. Make sure you have the latest build.

Also, make sure you have the font pack installed. This is very important for the themes to function correctly. You can get it from here (the link is at the top):
http://www.rockbox.org/download/byhand.cgi