android
Old 02-08-2012, 07:51 PM

Default Sansa Clip Zip - Custom Rockbox Themes

I've just uploaded a couple of themes for the Sansa Clip Zip, which can be downloaded from the Rockbox site, if anyone is interested ...

http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?...t=sansaclipzip

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-08-2012, 10:07 PM

... and another ...

... and yet another ...

... and finally ...

Last edited by TCD1975; 02-15-2012 at 10:34 PM.

Old 02-09-2012, 05:39 AM

Nice work on these! Time to change a theme!

Old 02-09-2012, 07:07 AM
Samsung Moderator

Hey, I just tried your themes.

They don't really fit my use as I need more info during the playback (and not only on pause) on the WPS screen BUT they are very beautiful. Very nicely designed, look "professional", congrats!

I just found a small misspelling for Zyp: stero instead of stereo

PS: you seem to like my FMS code

Old 02-09-2012, 08:49 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
Hey, I just tried your themes.

They don't really fit my use as I need more info during the playback (and not only on pause) on the WPS screen BUT they are very beautiful. Very nicely designed, look "professional", congrats!

I just found a small misspelling for Zyp: stero instead of stereo

PS: you seem to like my FMS code
Cheers for pointing out the typo ... I'll fix it now. Do you know if it's possible to update the files once they've been uploaded to Rockbox?

I upgraded my player to the Clip Zip purely because I'd missed having album art displayed. I like having the album art as large as possible. Showing more info when on pause was the best solution I could think off but I appreciate that not everyone will be happy about the lack of default info.

As for your FMS layout ... no need to mess with perfection.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:03 AM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCD1975 View Post
Cheers for pointing out the typo ... I'll fix it now. Do you know if it's possible to update the files once they've been uploaded to Rockbox?
Yes, if you click on "upload your theme" and use the same theme name, it will ask you if you want to overwrite the existing theme

PS: If I can give you an advice: use version numbering in the theme description like dfkt or I, then it's easier for the user to know if he has the latest version and you can update easily your themes (not the case if you put the version number in the theme name)

Last edited by lebellium; 02-09-2012 at 09:13 AM.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:03 AM

All right. I "installed" your themes, but whichever I choose, I don't get the album art displayed at all in WPS. I have no idea why.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbomb View Post
All right. I "installed" your themes, but whichever I choose, I don't get the album art displayed at all in WPS. I have no idea why.
Sorry if these are dumb question but do you get album art if you change to any other themes? You haven't got the tracks paused when you try to view them have you (as album art disappears on pause)? Do you have the latest version of Rockbox installed?

Old 02-09-2012, 09:39 AM

I have the current rockbox build, and WPS was working for DFKT Minimum theme showing album art. Now it doesn't work for that either. I have no idea what happened. I just removed .rockbox and installed it back and still doesn't work for any theme.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:54 AM

How do you store your artwork? Is it embedded or in a separate file in the folder?

Old 02-09-2012, 11:13 AM

same here.( like cbomb)
mine album art is embeded.
btw with blu theme i get only plain blue backround and not as textured as shown in the 1st post.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apurvmj View Post
same here.( like cbomb)
mine album art is embeded.
btw with blu theme i get only plain blue backround and not as textured as shown in the 1st post.
Has you're album art vanished as well?

As for the blue background ... did you turn the player off and on again? The background images don't tend to load until you've rebooted the player.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:06 PM

Embedded art often doesn't work with Rockbox - I assume it's mostly a size issue. Putting a cover.jpg in the folder always works for me.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbomb View Post
I have the current rockbox build, and WPS was working for DFKT Minimum theme showing album art. Now it doesn't work for that either. I have no idea what happened. I just removed .rockbox and installed it back and still doesn't work for any theme.
Maybe try uninstalling my themes and see what happens to your album art. Delete the following files if they exist in your Clip root folder ...

Zyp ...

.rockbox/backdrops/zyp-background.bmp
.rockbox/themes/Zyp.cfg
.rockbox/wps/Zyp.fms
.rockbox/wps/Zyp.sbs
.rockbox/wps/Zyp.wps
.rockbox/wps/Zyp/.. (delete entire folder)

Blu ...

.rockbox/backdrops/blu-background.bmp
.rockbox/themes/Blu.cfg
.rockbox/wps/Blu.fms
.rockbox/wps/Blu.sbs
.rockbox/wps/Blu.wps
.rockbox/wps/Blu/.. (delete entire folder)

Stg ...
.rockbox/backdrops/stg-background.bmp
.rockbox/themes/Stg.cfg
.rockbox/wps/Stg.fms
.rockbox/wps/Stg.sbs
.rockbox/wps/Stg.wps
.rockbox/wps/Stg/.. (delete entire folder)

Old 02-09-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Embedded art often doesn't work with Rockbox - I assume it's mostly a size issue. Putting a cover.jpg in the folder always works for me.
Yeah, I had problems gettng album art to appear on my Clip to begin with.

I ended up doing the following (in this order) ...

1) Using MP3Tag to extract folder.jpg from embedded album art (to be kept as a high resolution back-up for other MP3 players)

2) Using AlbumArtExtractor to extract cover.bmp from embedded album art (resized to 96x96 pixels to be displayed on the Clip - the Clip prioritizes cover.jpg/.bmp over folder.jpg)

3) Using MP3Tag to remove all embedded album art

4) Copying MP3s back on to the Clip

5) Searching the Clip drive and deleting any files ending ".jpg" (so only cover.bmp remains in each folder)

6) Rebuilding the Clip database

Now all of my album art works, and it looks sharper than before because the Clip is displaying a 96x96 pixel image rather than trying to rescale a larger file.

MP3Tag can be found here ...

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

AlbumArtExtractor can be found here ...

http://vcardenasblog.blogspot.com/20...r-rockbox.html

Old 02-09-2012, 01:09 PM
Administrator

Are you using current builds and having AA appear? It seems something's changed in the builds themselves. I tracked down builds from a few days ago 67dd4d6-120204 and a2f2845-120207. With the 67dd4d6 build all the WPS work. They break with the a2f2845 build.

It's hit or miss what's working for me. Dfkt Minimum Zip WPS works, Dfkt Minimum Zip FSAA doesn't. Zyp works, Stg and don't. Clock, Cabbie V2 and lebellium Sansung like work. BAA2 doesn't work.

That's what I'm getting with those builds. The current build as of now, c978665 acts the same as a2f2845. As soon as I revert to an older build all the AA works, embedded or cover.jpg. I have the full font pack installed if that makes a difference.

Old 02-09-2012, 02:50 PM

Hmm... I guess this broke some stuff (once again, as usual with skin tags) - http://git.rockbox.org/?p=rockbox.gi...mmit;h=40ecdf6

(Also, I hate GIT and its stupid MD5 hashes... with SVN revision numbers you at least had some clue what came when.)

Old 02-09-2012, 03:04 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I stopped upgrading my builds daily once the USB support was finalized, and now only occasionally update. So the art in the first two themes in this thread, and dfkt's FSAA theme, displays on my Zips...which are running build 94177e-6120128 with font pack installed, no issues whatsoever.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Hmm... I guess this broke some stuff (once again, as usual with skin tags) - http://git.rockbox.org/?p=rockbox.gi...mmit;h=40ecdf6

(Also, I hate GIT and its stupid MD5 hashes... with SVN revision numbers you at least had some clue what came when.)
OLD: %?C<%?Ia<something>>
NEW: %?and(%C, %Ia)<something>

Hmmm, that seems like a bit of a daft change. It was more logical the way it was, and as you say it seems to have broken some themes. You'd think they'd leave it backwards compatible so that you could do either.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:08 AM

WTF? Rockbox have removed all of the Clip Zip themes for some reason ...

http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?target=sansaclipzip