android
Old 02-09-2012, 02:15 AM

Default Vonage Mobile App

The new Vonage Mobile app which was released this week is showing up as not compatible with my YP-G70CW/TTT.

What is the reason for this and is there a workaround?

Thank you.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-10-2012, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuSuss View Post
The new Vonage Mobile app which was released this week is showing up as not compatible with my YP-G70CW/TTT.

What is the reason for this and is there a workaround?

Thank you.
It won't work on our players for the simple reason that it uses your existing cell number for making/receiving calls.

Seeing that your using the canadian version, there's a good chance your canadian so check out "Dell Voice" which is also available on the market. It will give your player "phone call" ability!

Last edited by murph; 02-10-2012 at 12:41 AM. Reason: spelling

Old 02-14-2012, 12:22 AM

The device is not Canadian (I believe it is Caribbean - the Woot version of the Galaxy Player), and I am not located in Canada. Are there options other than Dell Voice which are superior to using Skype?

Old 02-14-2012, 10:02 AM

There is a considerable string on GrooVe IP (available at the android market). I use it and it has some drawbacks but usually works quite well. There is also a version of Talkatone available for testing available here:

http://www.talkatone.com/android-preview.html

Haven't played with it much, but others have reported decent results with Talkatone.

BTW I am also using the TTT (Woot) version of the SGP. From the best info I could find this version was for Trinidad and Tobago.

Edit: I guess I should also have mentioned Sipdroid. It is more complicated to setup, but again others have reported good results.

Last edited by skwatch; 02-14-2012 at 10:11 AM. Reason: addendum

Old 02-14-2012, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuSuss View Post
The device is not Canadian (I believe it is Caribbean - the Woot version of the Galaxy Player), and I am not located in Canada. Are there options other than Dell Voice which are superior to using Skype?
It would help if you expanded on what you are looking for. Is Skype not working well for you? Are you looking for a free service to make and receive calls?

Talkatone uses google voice which is only open to US residents. For now, Dell Voice is just for canadians.

There are free sip clients available but you will probably have to pay (not sure) for a sip service.

It would probably be beneficial (especially to non north americans)to have a thread (sticky) listing the various setups (both free and paid) that allow SMP owners to make and receive calls.