android
Old 02-17-2012, 03:17 PM

Default Where's the mobile version of this forim?

How ironic that a forum dedicated to the SGP won't show as a mobile version. It can be more than just inconvenient while reading the forum with the SGP. In one of the threads I was following today, an advertisment completely obscured the text of one of the posts.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-17-2012, 03:27 PM
Ultra Senior Member

That makes no sense. There's a thread asking about having a mobile version of ABi, and considering how advanced most devices are nowadays it's unnecessary to have. That includes the SGP 4.0 & 5.0. The browser is so good a mobile version would be ridiculous.

As for the add, reload the web page - problem us usually solved. I should know,...I had the SGP 5.0.

Old 02-17-2012, 04:52 PM

I find "mobile apps" mostly a waste of memory. I use Xscope browser that opens mobile pages very well, and even this forum looks very good. The great thing about Xscope is all mobile pages will pinch-zoom and wrap text almost perfectly. Makes viewing mobile pages very nice. Stock browser won't do that on all pages.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:58 PM

I don't how a "mobile app" fits the thread. I'm talking about a mobile version of the site, which loads as the default when the site detects that an Android browser is being used, such as what the Washington Post website does. What I'm referring to works on regular Android browsers without the user needing to install anything.

Old 02-17-2012, 06:33 PM

Makes sense. That would be nice. But as I said, with Xscope it looks pretty good in android UA.... but not nearly as good as real mobile pages. None of the forums I use have a mobile site. A few have mobile apps...

Old 02-17-2012, 06:34 PM

I don’t see a need for another thread, this has been discussed here, here and here. I don't want to just close it yet but let me know your thoughts AugustusG, how about a merge ...

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 02-17-2012, 10:54 PM

I believe that I read somewhere on this site a suggestion or question to have ABI be part of Tapatalk - the Android spp that accesses and interacts with forums. As I recall, it was stated that the software that runs this site is not compatible with Tapatalk.

I read and post to this forum pretty well with Dolphin Browser set on classic browser view on my SGP 5.