android
Old 02-25-2012, 05:59 AM

Default How do I clear playlist?

I followed bobbydrivers 9 steps to make all music in my Clip+ play randomly (they are otherwise divided into different directories).

I have about 600 songs playing randomly.

But now I want to erase the whole playlist, but I don't know how to do this?!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-25-2012, 08:46 AM
Administrator

Welcome to ABi

TBH I never found a really elegant way to clear a playlist and have nothing to resume. The closest I ever got was to create a blank playlist and try to play that. It won't play but it clears any resume points and has the effect of clearing the WPS. I guess the lack of a "clear playlist" option comes from the assumption that when you clear one playlist you'll be replacing it with something else you want to play.

I made a nonsense playlist on the player by copying a song using the context menu and playing it. I saved that as "1111 Clear Playlist.m3u8". Then I deleted the file it referenced so there was nothing to be played. At the rare times I want to clear the playlist and not replace it I play the "1111.." playlist. The attempt to play it fails and leaves nothing to resume. Clunky, but it works.

You could do the same thing with a text editor on the PC. Open a text file, type in something like "\nosong.mp3" and save it to the Playlist catalog with the extension .m3u8 instead of .txt. I find that works the same as making the other playlist I described.

That's so awkward I sometimes think there's something really simple I'm missing. If someone else knows a easier way I'd sure welcome them posting it.

Old 02-25-2012, 11:02 AM

Found a way that works, even though it is not as smooth as I would like it to be.

I did a very short recording (start - stop instantly) and played the recorded file. I then added all the other directories into a shuffled playlist (going to the main directory). After that I deleted the short recording in the playlist.