android
Old 02-28-2012, 12:53 PM

Default Replacement ZIF Connector

Hello all, I recently got this Creative Zen second hand and was loving it right up until it started going CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK and the hard drive went out, it wouldn't charge and would only boot to recovery, so I ordered a replacement 80gb drive, a HS082HB, I took the 'model' label off the ZIF connector but it had some issues going into the slot and seems to have broken, I've looked for a replacement, model PBPD1580F01F0.

I've googled zen parts, zen replacements, it seems elusive and I was hoping someone could point me to a link to a store or even google for me if I'm just missing some place that sells them, really this is all I need and I'm hoping it's not completely impossible to find anymore.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-28-2012, 01:01 PM

I didn't search their website but have you tried portatronics.com, they seem to have the most parts for zen. If it's not on the site, I'd shoot them an email or call to ask.

Edit: I just say this on a very old creative thread in our forums http://firehouse7777.weebly.com/crea...-vision-m.html
Edit 2: and I googled this ebay link, worth contacting if others don't have http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=creative+zen+parts

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 04-02-2012, 04:32 PM

Any luck getting the zif connector?

Old 04-02-2012, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biziele View Post
Any luck getting the zif connector?
I think he was a one time only wonder, he joined & posted on 02-28-2012, his last activity was also on 02-28-2012 @ 02:05 PM. I kind of doubt he’ll be back to answer since he's not been back in a month.

Old 05-22-2012, 01:06 PM

any news or anyone knows where i could buy a replacement ZIF for my zvm 60gb (ZIF #PD1580G) ?

Old 05-22-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitibata931 View Post
any news or anyone knows where i could buy a replacement ZIF for my zvm 60gb (ZIF #PD1580G) ?
I can't recall where but someone recently told me that they emailed either portatronics here or one of the two links above and they got one. BTW it's not listed on sites I've seen, thus sending email or calling is the best way to find out if they have one.

Old 05-23-2012, 05:10 AM

thanks for the quick answer
i however live in the uk so i don't know if they'll ship it to me...
i have contacted them and waiting for an answer but i can't seem to find any on ebay so i was wondering whether anybody knew where to find one that could be shipped to me?
thanks again for the answer

Old 05-23-2012, 07:16 AM

It's possible that some won't ship to UK but it doesn't hurt to ask. I looked around a bit but aside from these mentioned I couldn't find more. You can keep an eye out for a broken player or cheap one on ebay to salvage parts, good luck ...

Old 05-23-2012, 09:30 AM

will do thanks anyways

another question, i have a zvm 60gb slim. i found a zvm for parts not too expansive however it is the 30GB version, do you happen to know whether or not the zif connector will be the same model (will it fit in my 60gb version)?
thanks again

Old 05-23-2012, 09:38 AM

Quote:
... another question, i have a zvm 60gb slim. i found a zvm for parts not too expansive however it is the 30GB version, do you happen to know whether or not the zif connector will be the same model (will it fit in my 60gb version)?
Apologies but I would only be guessing so hopefully someone else that knows will reply. Our resident zvm expert is MIA :/

Old 05-24-2012, 02:50 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
will do thanks anyways

another question, i have a zvm 60gb slim. i found a zvm for parts not too expansive however it is the 30GB version, do you happen to know whether or not the zif connector will be the same model (will it fit in my 60gb version)?
thanks again
There is no difference .

Old 07-08-2012, 11:41 AM

hi,
sorry it took so long to reply.
i got a hold of portatronics, and finally a page to order the part. with shipping to the uk it comes up to $49.50 for one small ZIF (about £32), i'll try my luck on ebay and try to get a used ZVM for cheaper (it'll probably get to me quicker if shipped from the uk and i can use other parts as well (battery, screen, touchpad...))
i'll get biding then!
if anyone knows of somewhere else i could get the zif at a reasonable price, please tell me!