android
Go Back   abi>>forums > Software & Media > Software

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2012, 08:37 AM

Default newbe needs help with ripping and format choices on a sony NWZ-S764

well my cd player in the back of the wife's mercedes sl 500 has died. it ejects, but i get the no disc message on the command unit. it's a 2003 so i have the 3.5 mm aux jack in the glove box.
i bought a Sony Bluetooth Video MP3 Player – (NWZ-S764) for $79 off groupon. It's the Sony 8GB S Series Walkman Video MP3 Player with Bluetooth Wireless Headphones in Black. i got this instead of a used ipod touch i was thinking about. I also picked up one of these for bluetooth:
Britelink Bluetooth Audio Receiver: Portable, Bluetooth Music Receiver with Stereo Output (3.5 mm) for Home and Auto Stereo Systems
http://www.amazon.com/Britelink-Blue...=5336055023-20 anybody use one of these?
i will use the sony the download my ripped collesction of cd's to.
i sort of lost touch with the new music formats. back in the stoned age i had 8-tracks, cassettes and ripped some cd's. i have an extensive cd collection (even had my dogs members of bmg) and don't want spend a ton on itunes or other new formats, so i went with a windows based mp3 player. looking at it now i might should of went w a 16GB. anybody know if the memory in the sony is upgradeable?

anyway to finally get to my questions...
i started to try and rip some of the cd's i own. i was going to try EAC (Exact Audio Copy), but it did not read the artist or track names for first cd i put in (bowie singles).
so i switched to windows media player (11) and it seems to work well for me. i went with the mp3 format. i started out at a 320 bitrate and then figured out this was going to be too big for my 8GB, i have switched to 192.
since i don't have the player yet, i'm hoping this will work ok. i was planning on loading the sony just using the drag and drop in windows.
the ones i ripped at 320 are being downsized with mp3 quality modifier.
can anybody help with any suggestions or tell me what i'm doing wrong?thank. nice forum.
p.s. thanks to WalkGood for leading me here.

Last edited by WalkGood; 03-23-2012 at 09:04 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]