android
Old 03-23-2012, 07:04 PM

Default How to install Voodoo Sound Plus

I am trying to install Voodoo sound Plus, but through the market, it won't let me.
It says "This app is incompatible with your Samsung YP-G1."
I don't understand how people on this forum have this app on their players! I need help

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-23-2012, 07:54 PM

go here http://dl.project-voodoo.org/apps/ scroll to bottom and download 1.0.7 to your computer then copy the file over to you 4.0 player then open it in a file browser.

This all assumes you already have flashed Steves kernel to your player.

another alternative is to install the applanet market (must be rooted) and search it there, and install from there.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:18 PM

I was referring more to the Plus version. It claims to work on just root. No flashing required. I wonder if it really works the same as the original though..

Last edited by susanggongjja; 03-23-2012 at 08:39 PM.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:38 PM

I just flashed my device. Thanks for the link though

Old 03-23-2012, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanggongjja View Post
I was referring more to the Plus version. It claims to work on just root. No flashing required. I wonder if it really works the same as the original though..
YOU MUST FLASH STEVES KERNEL, voodoo CANNOT work otherwise, regardless of wether its the plus or not. then after doing the kernel you have to install your choice of voodoo.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:33 AM

Like everyone else has said first you must flash Steve's kernel. It's not that difficult look for other threads on how to do that.
I really wanted to give the developer my money for making such a great app but like others said the Market tells us it's not compatible. I just did a google search for the apk and downloaded the plus version. Connected via USB cable and then just did a drag and drop onto the SD card. Use your file browser to navigate to the apk and then just click it to install. It's all pretty simple.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:02 AM

I flashed my device and downloaded the apk for the plus version, but when I installed it and opened it it says thank you for purchasing and it won't work because it needs to verify my license for purchasing. So I'm just using the regular voodoo now. What's the real difference between the regular version and plus version anyway?

Old 03-24-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanggongjja View Post
I flashed my device and downloaded the apk for the plus version, but when I installed it and opened it it says thank you for purchasing and it won't work because it needs to verify my license for purchasing. So I'm just using the regular voodoo now. What's the real difference between the regular version and plus version anyway?
for our purpose there aren't any real differences between the 2 the plus is just more of a way to donate to the developer.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel644 View Post
YOU MUST FLASH STEVES KERNEL, voodoo CANNOT work otherwise, regardless of wether its the plus or not. then after doing the kernel you have to install your choice of voodoo.
How do I do that?

Old 03-08-2013, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miow View Post
How do I do that?
well Steves is the oldest kernel so I would go to this one http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ht=terrasilent it's the latest one, as for installing it's the same instructions as flashing anything in .tar format:

Install the samsung USB drivers (if haven't already, these do not come with the player, you can either download them from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=961956 or install Keis)

download Odin 1.85

put player in download mode (press and hold power and volume down till the android in a yellow triangle comes up)

connect player to computer and allow drivers to configure (first time only)

after that you can follow the first 4 minutes of this video http://youtu.be/0imhKnMtQ9A (not my video) just substitute the kernel he talks about for the one from the first link.

oh and congrats on reviving a year dead thread.