android
Old 03-30-2012, 07:08 AM

Default SGP 4.0 in Canada

Hey, I've looked all over the internet, trying to verify if this product is available in Canada. I live in Ontario, more specifically the Toronto area. Is there any store near Toronto that carries the SGP 4.0?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-30-2012, 07:33 AM

I'm not sure if you can buy it in Canada.. I'm from Quebec and I bought mine in November on an American site (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...layer_4_0.html). They charged me $10 for shipping and about $30 for duties and taxes.

Have a nice day!

Old 03-30-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikiflamme View Post
I'm not sure if you can buy it in Canada.. I'm from Quebec and I bought mine in November on an American site (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...layer_4_0.html). They charged me $10 for shipping and about $30 for duties and taxes.

Have a nice day!
I'll second B&H as i ordered my 5.0 from here and received it 7 days from ordering way out here in vancouver which i thought was good.

The samsung store locater is no longer showing any canadian sales locations(was showing 3 in the lower mainland before) so i'm not sure what's up with that. Canadian sales pulled

Old 04-24-2012, 04:10 PM

Default Try Staples.ca

I have finally found the 4.0 and 5.0 player on www.staples.ca
http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/ca...affixedcode=WW

I am waiting for the 4.2 to come out and see if price drops on these. I think I would prefer the 5.0 but with 4.2 being newer not sure if I should go for it instead.

I am about 3 hours north of Toronto in Ontario.

Old 04-24-2012, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx14 View Post
I have finally found the 4.0 and 5.0 player on www.staples.ca
http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/ca...affixedcode=WW

I am waiting for the 4.2 to come out and see if price drops on these. I think I would prefer the 5.0 but with 4.2 being newer not sure if I should go for it instead.
I doubt the price will drop.

It seems Canada is a dumping ground for obsolete products, and without a major price drop either. New models are out (3.6) or are coming out (4.2) - which is probably why we're only now able get the 4.0/5.0 in Canada. Why isn't Staples selling the 3.6? Will they be selling the 4.2 when it's out?

This reminds me of the Zune HD... when we finally we're able to buy it in Canada, I knew Microsoft was dumping the product - and sure enough they announced it's death not long afterwards.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:29 PM

Obsolete doesn't necessarily mean that it's bad.
Do you know what a Perkin Elmer ZL 4100 is? The controlling software for this instrument is stored on 5.25" floppy disks and runs on a special computer. It's still running ace. We have two in our lab.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3602 View Post
Obsolete doesn't necessarily mean that it's bad.
Do you know what a Perkin Elmer ZL 4100 is? The controlling software for this instrument is stored on 5.25" floppy disks and runs on a special computer. It's still running ace. We have two in our lab.
Not saying an obsolete product is bad. What I don't like is seeing a newer/better model available elsewhere, and only the older/lesser product available where I am without any substantial reduction in price to make it a smart purchase.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:05 AM

I know I can order the 3.6 from amazon.com for about $30 shipping and duty fees. I guess I may have to try to get the 4.2 that way when it comes out. I think I would rather have a little newer device for a little less price than a 5.0 that may be just a little too big for taking around everyday.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berklon View Post
Not saying an obsolete product is bad. What I don't like is seeing a newer/better model available elsewhere, and only the older/lesser product available where I am without any substantial reduction in price to make it a smart purchase.
Welcome to Canada I guess. $65000 outdated Sequoias.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:57 PM

I just got the Galaxy 5.0 and it is freaking awesome. I am in love with Android now LOL. I am a blackberry user, and if I ever want to change I know what I want.

Anyways just wanted to let the fellow Canadians here know, that Staples dropped the price on the 4.0 and the 5.0 for 50 bucks, and you could get a coupon for 15 or 20 dollars off, and with free shipping. Thats not bad.

People at work are so closed minded and in my small city in general all they know is IPOD, oh come on people there are other companies that have better mp3 than Ipods... what to do if you go to the Source or Futureshop here, and all they have is the crappy mp3 players for 50 bucks.

I have always been a creative fan, but this galaxy player is just altogether a different world